United States Health Care: Federal & State - Opinion

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:58 am

I feel for you, fussnfeathers.

I have a cousin with Friedrich's Ataxia who is extremely frustrated with the exact things about which you write. I have epilepsy, hydrocephalus and a few other things also and can relate to what you say also. The disabled parking space issue gets to me every day as I see the same things. There are others on this forum, that do not write in the HYW anymore, that sympathise also. I am sure.

I am currently on Disability but had to work my gluteous maximus off to get it even though people see me losing my memory and having seizures all of the time. I also have to deal with the telephone issue, just like you. I am constantly being sent forms to fill in and 'prove' that I still have epilepsy and hydrocephalus......like they just disappeared overnight. I am also threatened that if the forms are late, I will be dropped.

I also agree with the 'worked for it' attitude. I worked extremely hard for at least 14 years to donate my taxes. I worked an average of 65-70 hours a week....many times 80-100 hours a week to earn my insurance. I was finally put on Disability after having seizures right in front of my bosses.

It is really interesting that congress wants to pass these healthcare bills in such a rush so that noone can get a chance to read them before they are passed.....if they do. I think bills such as this should be posted publicly so that people really know what is going on and not in some top secret committee, like they actually do.

No healthcare bill will ever, ever pass without major influence from companies and political groups. Sad but true.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Thu Oct 22, 2009 4:54 am

Where's the health-care bill? - Just pass it, then we'll write it ?
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113483

Sen. John Ensign's amendment to require any health-care czar to be subject to the constitutional Senate confirmation process was defeated. Obama's new regulatory czar, Cass Sunstein, defends removing organs from terminally ill patients and from deceased people, even when they did not consent to be organ donors.
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=113491

But don't ask these questions - or you will be identified as an Anti-Government Right-wing Racist and terrorist...
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby fussnfeathers » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:53 pm

Identify me away, what are they gonna do, spank me?
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:30 am

Here's a link to the latest version of the Bill - sorry it's almost 2000 pages, but at least you can read what you will and form opinions basd on what's written...

It wants the latest Adobe security, but loaded for me with whatever I had already (I hate needing to update software just to read a link, you can just say no and it still works).

http://docs.house.gov/rules/health/111_ahcaa.pdf
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Spark » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:32 pm

1) Enforce the immigration laws already on the books.

2) Elect Joe Arpaio President of the United States.

3) Stop borrowing money from Social Security and not paying back.

4) Stop reverse discrimination.

5) Stop all imports from China

6) Bomb Iran, Pakistan, Venezuela, China for starters

7) Make the official language of the United States English and enforce it, not push #2 for English.

8) Stop rewarding crooks on Wall Street with taxpayer money.

9) Impeach this one inexperienced biased president we have
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed Dec 23, 2009 5:04 am

Again: Don't read it - just pass it... Reid (re-)writes the bill in secret, Senate gets 36 hours to try to read it - most voters simply won't have time... But it's just gotta pass before Christmas (or the Senate will be kept hostage for the Holiday), including assorted Pork for Democrat 'holdouts' to buy their votes. Just shows that the bill can't survive on actual merit.

Obama sued for secret abortion meetings
'In haste to socialize medicine, president violated commitment to transparency'
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=119735

ACORN qualifies for funding in Senate health bill
Sen. Burris claiming credit for provision in Reid's 'manager's amendment'
http://www.weeklystandard.com/weblogs/T ... _for_1.asp

Or one picture can be worth 1000 words:

thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:22 am

Spark wrote:5) Stop all imports from China

Actually, it's not so much the imports that are the problem, it's all the US based companies that packed up, laid off thousands of domestic workers, and built new factories in China so they could get dirt cheap labor and not have to worry about toxic emmissions. I'm fine with free trade, but we have far far far too many companies willing to neglect our own citizens in order to abuse those with few rights. Yeah, it's a government issue, but don't blame Congress. Blame Ford.

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:05 am

A new Year around the corner...

I personally would like to have less 'competition' from Green Card workers (if intent is to become a Citizen, fine - I'm talking about the 6-month work visas such as IBM uses to force out many 'Full-Time' Information System workers). Many of these come here, do programming work for $8-12/Hr (that 'Full-Time' workers were getting $35-65/Hr for) live 6 to a 3BR Apt, share a leased minivan, and take the money earned 'home' (India for example) as a nest egg. In that economy, $10,000 might be enough to retire on - but here in the USA, that won't even pay Medical Insurance...
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby fussnfeathers » Mon Dec 28, 2009 6:32 am

We get that during ski season here. Killington puts out ads in all sorts of places, promises housing, good pay, meals, everything you need, free skiing for the season..........of course, these poor guys fall for it, get here, find out "housing" is in 30 person one-room dorms, military-style, food is peanut butter sandwiches, they get stuck manning the snow makers (I did that once. Ya know the firehose analogy? These things make a firehose look like a leaky faucet), and the pay is rock-bottom. But hey, that's a lot of money back home. I guess I really can't blame Killington for that, too much. They used to hire locally for these jobs, but one day on the job was enough for most.

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War