Michelle Obama - What A Gal

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Michelle Obama - What A Gal

Postby Spark » Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:32 am

A copy and paste of something I received recently...

Replacing Michelle Obama in Chicago At the top right hand corner of Page 17 of the New York Post of January 24th, 2009, was a short column entitled "Replacing Michelle" in the National Review "The Week" column .

I found this interesting, so here it is, word for word, as it appeared:

Some employees are simply irreplaceable. Take Michelle Obama: The University of Chicago Medical center hired her in 2002 to run "programs for community relations, neighborhood outreach, volunteer recruitment, staff diversity and minority contracting".

In 2005 the hospital raised her salary from $120,000 to $317,000 - nearly
twice what her husband made as a Senator. Oh did we mention that her husband had just become a US Senator? He sure had. Requested a $1 million earmark for the UC Medical Center, in fact. Way to network Michelle!

But now that Mrs. Obama has resigned, the hospital says her position will
remain unfilled. How can that be, if the work she did was vital enough to be worth $317,000? We can think of only one explanation: Senator Roland Burris's wife wasn't interested. Let me add that Michelle's position was a half time, 20 hour a week job. And to think they were critical of Blagoyovich's wife for taking $100,000 in fuzzy real estate commission.

My thoughts: How did this bit of quid pro quo corruption escape the sharp
reporters that dug through Sarah Palin's garbage and kindergarten files?

Unbelievable!!!!!!!!
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Jun 08, 2009 1:31 am

We are just going to have to face the fact that the media is so liberal, in the USA, that Obama could commit adultery, murder and loads of other things and still be seen as a saint. Our media loves him and wishes to do him and his family any wish that they desire.

Our media, as a whole, does not report facts, it reports opinions. The sooner that people see that, the better.

I read things in other countries papers, all the time, that mention things happening in the USA, that the liberal media would disagree with, that are never mentioned here. It is quite convenient.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby greytrains » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:12 pm

I have to wonder how much the media actually loves Obama and how much are they afraid of what he could do to their industry if the went against him. There is no such thing as an unbiased media now a days. We are loosing our liberties one by one and the people in this country don't do anything. It time the people of the US wake up and demand all of our liberties back.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:46 am

Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War