2010 Census starting now - needs GPS ?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

2010 Census starting now - needs GPS ?

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed May 06, 2009 5:25 am

Why Census needs your GPS coordinates:
(10) Illegal immigrants doing the jobs Americans won't do
(9) On The Job Training for ACORN types to help them become Community Organizers
(8 ) Locate potential Tax Cheats before they can be given a nomination to key Cabinet positions
(7) A plan to determine where Joe The Plumber really lives
(6) Knowing the exact location of all those "Bitter People who are clinging to their Guns N Religion"
(5) Find out if there are any citizens out there whom Big O has forgotten to TAX ...
(4) Trying to find new homes for all the former Gitmo detainees
(3) Trying to find all the Tea Party folks in order to relocate THEM to Gitmo
(2) Searching for a good hiding place for the "real" birth Certificate and his school records before 2010
(1) To promote sales of 'Mobile Homes'
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby reginaliya » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:17 pm

What GPS system does a good job at calculating basic routes? I'm on a tight budget this year but really want to buy my dad a good gift for the Holidays. He needs a basic GPS that can just do basic routes around SoCal and some NorCal. I just want something reliable and easy to use. I also need to keep the cost low.
reginaliya
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Tue Jun 16, 2009 6:21 am

My wife and I have Verizon phones, adding turn by turn navigation was about $15 extra per Month (per phone - I can read a map, so my wife has the Navigation) - navigation also shows map.

Most mobile phones have GPS already. If you buy one, I'd suggest portable - not only so that it is usable in any vehicle, but when you have 'Home' stored it makes it too tempting for a car thief to look for your home also...
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Return to The Hundred Year War