PC Chips Any Good??

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby DrkGypsy » Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:56 am

hey bloodyv...thats a "flamer" not a flaming.....well, could be both......Mz EvL.....calm down...it's cool.....not worth your blood pressure in the stars.....CD dude....chill dude.......your BOTH professionals......your both intitled to your opinins and THEY are valid. BASTA! (italian for sumthing I shouldn't type here)F**K what others may say....we are all a little biased 'bout our ops. cuz they're ours. PERIOD. ---- Nuff said. Now if the newbie hasn't been run off, I don't know much 'bout PCCHIPS boards, but what I've read, they are not worth the curciut board they are on. Personally, I just bought a ECS K7S5A board and have had no problems with it. And if your on a tight budget, it was a good price at $59.

As for the "good ol' boy " comment, us WOPS (Italians/Sicilians) can not, and are not "good ol' boys). We can't be, we don't fit the description...ya know being too greasy, and we have an obession for fadora's...ya know, we are also so stereotyped 'bout being in the mafia...come on, every1 knows there is no such thing as a mafia.....<----my 2 lire

gypsy dudeNsocal
Athlon 1.4G@1.73G
ECS K7S5A oc021029a HONEY X Bios
512MB PC2100 Mushkin Enh DDR
ATI Radeon 9800
Maxtor 120G HD
Maxtor 160G ex HD
Hitachi DVD 7500
LG 8080B
Scythe Kamakaze
5 Smrt Cse Fans
ruekills.com<---lil sis's band
DrkGypsy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby tomnhanni » Tue Nov 19, 2002 2:14 pm

If you are still interested in learning more about PC Chips, check out this link:
http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html? ... chips.html
and this link:
http://www.plasma-online.de/index.html? ... chips.html
These links show where the PC Chips boards and chips have been used.

Note that PC chips is just an OEM distributor for Hsing Tech (xxPro Chipsets) for more info on xxPro Chipsets check out:
http://computertech.server101.com/xpro.htm
________
medical marijuana
Last edited by tomnhanni on Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomnhanni
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby EvLwMn » Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:33 pm

DRKGYPSY - whatever do you mean? I'm perfectly calm. Have been the whole time. If I wasn't, everyone here would have no doubt about it - they would definitely know that I was anything but calm. I'm half Sicilian - just like you only half. I can have quite a temper, but this is NOT one of those situations. Just getting clarification on some things. I always like to know where I stand with someone. Now I know. Not a big deal really - I don't really care what some people think. But I AM a professional. Would never purposely insult a person for their opinion. But that's just me.
"You can't go to Windows Update and get a patch for stupidity." - Kevin Mitnick
EvLwMn
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Mr T » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:07 am

:D Nice debate, just thought I'd throw my ha'penny into the ring - used a lot of PC CHIPS 810 boards, RMA'd nil, ECS K7S5A , RMA'd one, ASUS A7V333 RMA'd sofar 10 (another one expecting), ABIT KR7A , RMA 1, Iwill XP333 RMA lost count.................

As you say you get what you pay for, I have moved back to basic boards like ECS, Acorp and JETWAY, they seem to have less problems. PC CHIPS, love 'em , hate 'em when they work they still do the job and as long as a customer is happy, I am happy :D :D :D
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Aussie » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:31 am

I'm a little stunned at your overall RMA rate, are you using hundreds of boards per month or something?

I've been in this business for years and purchased a large number of boards over those years yet I could count my RMA's on one hand.

RMA'd hard drives. now that's a different matter. :evil:

While the number of RMA's is certainly an important consideration it's not the only consideration, what about difficulty in setup, poor manuals, buggy drivers and flakey operation. What about bios chips that die after being flashed twice, renamed chipsets and sad on-line support.

It's the whole package that has to be looked at overall.

Aussie
Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter - Martin Luther King
Aussie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DrkGypsy » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:22 am

EvLwMn wrote:evasive - BFH - Big F***ing Hammer - Got a 20 lb sledge in the corner or the office right now! :wink:
Thats what I meant 'bout being calm sweetie (now, don't take that offencely?sp?, I call all ladies sweetie).......hmmmm 1/2 Sicilian....1/2 a WOP...WOOOHOOO I'm not alone....lol.......like I said it's not worth the time to get upset.......unlike me, I'd have hit the roof w/ that sledge in my hands lookin for some kneecaps....but's that just me.....yes I know I'm stereotyping myself....but you grow up with your first name being Guido....If ignorance is bliss......I'm glad I'm in misery. Just curious, when I read the post 'bout good ole boys, was I the only 1 who heard the Dukes Of Hazzard song in my head? God I hope not, that means the voices are trying to take over agian.....where's my change from the 2 lire I paid?????!
GuidoGypsy dudeNsoCal
Athlon 1.4G@1.73G
ATI Radeon 9800
Maxtor 120G HD
Maxtor 160G ex HD
Hitachi DVD 7500
LG 8080B
Scythe Kamakaze
5 Smrt Cse Fans
DrkGypsy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby Toby B. » Wed Nov 20, 2002 2:27 am

DRKGYPSY wrote:
EvLwMn wrote:evasive - BFH - Big F***ing Hammer - Got a 20 lb sledge in the corner or the office right now! :wink:
Thats what I meant 'bout being calm sweetie (now, don't take that offencely?sp?, I call all ladies sweetie).......hmmmm 1/2 Sicilian....1/2 a WOP...WOOOHOOO I'm not alone....lol.......like I said it's not worth the time to get upset.......unlike me, I'd have hit the roof w/ that sledge in my hands lookin for some kneecaps....but's that just me.....yes I know I'm stereotyping myself....but you grow up with your first name being Guido....If ignorance is bliss......I'm glad I'm in misery. Just curious, when I read the post 'bout good ole boys, was I the only 1 who heard the Dukes Of Hazzard song in my head? God I hope not, that means the voices are trying to take over agian.....where's my change from the 2 lire I paid?????!
GuidoGypsy dudeNsoCal
That comment EvLwMn made was aimed towards PC Chips boards NOT a person!!! It was in response to Evasive's comment
evasive wrote:EvLwMn: PC Chips, apply your sig. Make sure it's a big one.

Toby
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby EvLwMn » Wed Nov 20, 2002 7:43 am

Right Toby - that's exactly what I was responding to. Besides that's kind of a joke with me. Look at my signature and it'll explain everything.

I'm always threatening computers with hammers. Sometimes it seems to be the only language they truly understand :wink: Must say though - I've only actually USED that hammer twice 8) And it was no great loss when I did!! But do you have ANY idea how much FUN it is to destroy a box with a 20# sledge????? :twisted:

And no DRKGYPSY - you're not alone. But I don't (or VERY seldom) lose my temper anymore - not worth the headache (and I mean that literally).

Seriously - I have been very calm about this matter and have not been upset at all. I've had some of the people who have read this thread tell me that they would have been banned because they wouldn't have handled things very well.

I'm really sorry that some of you seem to think this upset me. Once again - clarification was all I was after.
"You can't go to Windows Update and get a patch for stupidity." - Kevin Mitnick
EvLwMn
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby DrkGypsy » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:46 am

Ok, I've just re-read the entire thread, and, once in a while I havta apoligize for some things. The way I first understood things, I thought that Mr CD took the ignorence comment to the next level by leaving it as an unfinished, open comment.I still think that, and I don't apoligize for the way I think.The way I saw it, was that open comment was a dis to ppl here on this forum who spend some of thier PERSONAL time to help ppl like myself who are studing to become "techs", or ppl who just want to learn enuff to build/repair thier own systems and save some cash.I took a lil offence to that myself. But I also saw it as he was inadvertinly attacking Mz. EvL by saying she was ignorant, w/out str8 out sayin it. Maybe I read between the lines to something that wasn't there, but I don't think so. Some1 once siad that true ignorance reveals itself from the 1 who yells ignorance. I believe that was proven here.As for myself, I've seen one of my friends in a situation sorta like this, and seen him pissed off beyond believe,(which made me mad as well).I told him the same as I siad here, f**k 'em, it's not worth it, that's why there are ppl like me in the world(at least he say the humor in my trying to lightin the mood, stereotyping myself agian) which I kinda tried to do here.I mean think about it, being named Guido has it's advantages.... :twisted:
But that was where I was coming from. Damn, talk 'bout a novel, sorry y'all.

Guido for prez :Vote for me, and nobody gets hurt

Guido___<-makes offers no1 refuses
Athlon 1.4G@1.73G
ATI Radeon 9800
Maxtor 120G HD
Maxtor 160G ex HD
Hitachi DVD 7500
LG 8080B
Scythe Kamakaze
5 Smrt Cse Fans
DrkGypsy
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby DrkGypsy » Wed Nov 20, 2002 9:52 am

Toby B. wrote:
DRKGYPSY wrote:
That comment EvLwMn made was aimed towards PC Chips boards NOT a person!!! It was in response to Evasive's comment
evasive wrote:EvLwMn: PC Chips, apply your sig. Make sure it's a big one.

Toby

I know, I know, sorry Toby, I forgot for a min that I could like threating some1 with a hammer, wait a min, I think I did once....no....yes....no...owell, doesn't matter that was a long time ago.........lol
Athlon 1.4G@1.73G
ATI Radeon 9800
Maxtor 120G HD
Maxtor 160G ex HD
Hitachi DVD 7500
LG 8080B
Scythe Kamakaze
5 Smrt Cse Fans
DrkGypsy