Hypocracy already?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby greytrains » Wed Jan 28, 2009 4:38 pm

pbailey wrote:All I can say is the past eight years have sucked. All it can do is get better. Gas should have never reached to the area's they reached.

Who's family is in this market area.

May I rest my case!!!

It can always get worse. People tend to place too much blame on the president for economic problems. In truth the president has very little control over what the economy does.

If you want to gripe about the price of gas then keep in mind who is truly to blame for the high cost. Here is part of an article from 2005 but it does address the true cause of the problem.

Although there are other causes of high gas prices, such as high gasoline taxes, the primary cause is environmental regulation. For example, environmental regulation significantly restricts drilling for oil in Alaska and on the continental shelf. More drilling could considerably increase the gasoline supply (up to 20% from greater Alaskan drilling alone) and thus lower prices.

Further, there are currently eighteen different gasoline formulations in use across the U.S., making it much more costly to produce and distribute gasoline. These blends aren't needed due to requirements of automobile engines, nor are they required by oil companies. The blends, including different ones used at different times of the year and in different states and cities, are forced on Americans by environmental regulations.

The situation is worst in California, where environmental regulations are strictest. For example, California was one of only three states to require the removal of the octane booster MTBE in January 2004. This reduced the gasoline supply by almost 10%, since MTBE made up about 10% of the gasoline supply.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby pbailey » Wed Jan 28, 2009 5:30 pm

I will tend to disagree with that and note in the past the Presidents have helped control prices with flooding the market with our reserves.

Which the past eight years we did not see that happen once. He had a good reason though, he sold them at below market cost for $50.00 a barrel when it was at $70.00 and I mean all of them.

Carter. Reagan, Daddy Bush and Clinton all used this tactic to control prices of fuel.

Plus the economy fell to foreign fallout of Mr. Bush and the counties he utterly and totally disrespected.

I could see if he was elected after doing a good job in TX but,,,,

I can not say on that issue and all I can note on is that while he was in office for the state, education levels dropped. This was due to cut backs in state education spending.

Things that make you go hmmmmm.
The day you stop learning, is the day you die!

Paul
pbailey
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby greytrains » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:17 pm

I am not saying that President Bush was a great president. He did make his share of mistakes. I do get tired of people blaming him for things that he did not have very much control of. He did his job by protecting the United States from any more attacks. That is his job, to protect us from enemies, foreign and domestic. If you read the job of the federal government as spelled out in the constitution, you would see that their primary job is to protect the people and states from attack from other countries.

Congress could have lowered the price of oil very easily by opening up the off shore drilling or allowing the coal to be turned into oil. They had plenty of opportunity to do this. The price of oil finally dropped once they started talking about opening up the off shore drilling.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:30 pm

TriAngle wrote:"We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

Don't waste valuable time pilfering through the heap of disgust the Zionists have provided for our attentions. Make way for your future, and for the future of your sons and daughters, and for the future of your race.

We must create our own societies, our own colonies again, and ban all these heathens to hell where they belong. No admittance for these hooligans.

We must resist all their attempts to totally destroy our heritage, our lives, our religion, our way of life.

We must not participate in their evil, vile ways. Not one iota!

And I thought I was trolling.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:35 pm

Any member found insulting or verbally attacking another member WILL BE BANNED!! There will be no appeal to this, and it will be at the sole discretion of the Moderators.

Keep it civil and courteous. It's really quite easy and simple.

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19898

~greytrains
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby Roach412 » Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:19 am

pbailey wrote:All I can say is the past eight years have sucked. All it can do is get better. Gas should have never reached to the area's they reached.

Who's family is in this market area.

May I rest my case!!!

i will counter that the last 16 years have sucked. it's just a matter of whether or not you have benefitted from eihther "era" of politics.

coming from a lower-middle-class household and then working myself through my own education into the middle-to-upper-middle-class over the last 10 years makes me realize that all 10 of them have been full of absolute bull$&*%. I, and my parents, have lost all retirement investments...we both are in the same situation that we were in 15+ years ago, due mostly to policies which were enacted 10+ years in the past.

i appreciate the fact that geforce thinks he has an actual right to post complete BS, and find it informative of the upcoming batch of "hireable" employees that i will eventually need to work with. i fear the day I'm forced to work with those who graduated from high school after 2002...I have yet to meet a substantial majority of those which have any idea of the impact their lack of discipline and moral baselines have on the general economy and those which attempt to push them in a better direction with regards to their professional achievements....

really, it's just sad.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby TriAngle » Sat Mar 14, 2009 5:43 am

Ge FOrce 543 wrote:
TriAngle wrote:"We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

Don't waste valuable time pilfering through the heap of disgust the Zionists have provided for our attentions. Make way for your future, and for the future of your sons and daughters, and for the future of your race.

We must create our own societies, our own colonies again, and ban all these heathens to hell where they belong. No admittance for these hooligans.

We must resist all their attempts to totally destroy our heritage, our lives, our religion, our way of life.

We must not participate in their evil, vile ways. Not one iota!

And I thought I was trolling.

Ge FOrce 543, trolling? I beg to differ.
Go ahead, keep your head in the sand. I don't mind. It's not my head.
When the SHTF, where will you be? Where will you stand? There is a "line in the sand", it is drawn deep. On one side are those who do not know what is going on and what is at stake. On the other side, are those who see through the smokey veil of Zionism and the NWO and who will fight to preserve their 'rights' of freedom and integrity. And this for sure, when the SHTF, don't try to cross over that line onto this side, for those on the other side have made their beds, now let them sleep in it.
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby CivilDissent » Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:37 am

Edited: The USA is changing.
Last edited by CivilDissent on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:05 am

Chief Justice Roberts accepts Obama 'eligibility' petition
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=91763

Did you support presidential candidates such as Ron Paul, former Constitutional Party candidate Chuck Baldwin and Bob Barr, the Libertarian candidate last year ? If Yes - "Hotz said using those or similar factors to determine whether someone could be a terrorist is not profiling"
http://www.columbiatribune.com/news/200 ... ssertions/
http://www.lpmo.org/media/releases/2009 ... 5-01.shtml

Seemed that during campaign McCain was riduculed for this ... but now:
president could support taxing some employee health benefits
http://www.iht.com/articles/2009/03/15/ ... health.php

"Payback ?" - Obama received $101,332 bonus from AIG
http://www.examiner.com/x-268-Right-Sid ... s-from-AIG

So why are to a point where this is News:
Soldiers say "We will not make war against our own people"
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=91530
For example...
http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=89527

I tend to agree with these quotes:

"A nation can survive its fools, and even the ambitious. But it cannot survive treason from within. An enemy at the gates is less formidable, for he is known and carries his banner openly. But the traitor moves amongst those within the gate freely, his sly whispers rustling through all the alleys, heard in the very halls of government itself. For the traitor appears not a traitor; he speaks in accents familiar to his victims, and he wears their face and their arguments, he appeals to the baseness that lies deep in the hearts of all men. He rots the soul of a nation, he works secretly and unknown in the night to undermine the pillars of the city, he infects the body politic so that it can no longer resist. A murderer is less to fear."

Marcus Tullius Cicero

"If man is not governed by God, he will be ruled by tyrants."

William Penn

"Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other."

John Adams
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:17 pm

Edited: Democrats are merely not doing what they said they would do.
Last edited by CivilDissent on Wed Mar 18, 2009 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War