Hypocracy already?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby evasive » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:45 am

Those same illegal aliens were crossing the border before Obama got elected.

Those same illegal aliens are now part of your society, whether you want it or not.

It is about time ALL of you understand the country you are living in has changed somewhat since the fifties.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby greytrains » Thu Jan 22, 2009 2:34 pm

evasive wrote:It is about time ALL of you understand the country you are living in has changed somewhat since the fifties.

The United States has been on the down hill slide since before the civil war. A lot of our current problems have been building since the states lost some of their power.

Baron de Montesquieu wrote:"The deterioration of every government begins with the decay of the principles on which it was founded."
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:49 am

All that I have ever wanted was for ALL parties to obey and be judged by the SAME rules....that is it. Of course, I have my leanings towards ideals, etc., etc. but everyone should be judged by the same guidelines.

For example, there are poor people dieing from hunger, disease, etc. all over the world but when they try to immigrate, they are judged very critically. Yet, millions and millions coming in from South of the border are basically given a free pass. Where is the equality of judgement? I do not see it?

There are so many things similar to this. It may be sad to some but I do not care what race, sex, etc., etc. a person is or how poor or rich they are or whatever, we should all be judged the same way.

When that happens, whatever party that is in power and is the biggest influence on it will have me leaning towards them so far that my ear will probably touch the ground but Democrats have a loooooooong way to go before that happens.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby CivilDissent » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:51 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200901 ... pVKVlh24cA

For example, I will very much admit that Republicans have tax and ethics problems, many times bigtime. The media will not let us forget that for sure. But, the above example shows that Democrats are no better yet it is extremely hard to find anything like this mentioned on the Idiotbox or radio. I have never ever heard NBC, CBS or ABC mention any of this.

That is a pretty big investigation of Murtha but I have never heard of it until now. What about William Lynn III? Then you have Rangels' money filanderings.

It goes on and on. Where is the equality? Republicans are practically known for their tax evasion but where is the harsh rhetoric aimed at Democrats over the same crimes? Hmmmmmmm. It says a lot.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:15 am

not only does every country get the government it deserves, the same holds true for their media. if you don't get that, ask a chinese person of the street (in private or they won't talk at all to begin with) what he or she thinks of the government. you will find they are extremely docile and fearful. that's what creates a totalitary regime. now even though us citiziens are quite outspoken, most of you are still fearing the opinion of the rest of the world so that's what your media is going to be like, trying to be peaceful. if this means the republicans are set into the spotlight to act as scapegoat, well... what do you think? why did you not go into the media circus to have your voices heard?
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:16 pm

Actually, my wife is an immigrant from Xiang Gang/Hong Kong. We have many Zhong Wen/Chinese friends. I have also been to Zhong Guo/China many, many times. And, yes they are very friendly but will not speak about the government while on Chinese soil.

I have written to our newspapers and media many times but they conveniently do not print it or they just edit it down to say something that I, in no way, intended. I have made the point before about how people, so easily, believe whatever is written in the media. People need to think about what is really being said and if it is actually what was intended. Our media is so liberal and most people believe everything they say that it really does not matter what the media says, people walk lock step in line with them and not even think.

People need to give something some thought.......do you not think that media does things for their own good? They will edit or not even print something that should be said if it, in any way, detriments their own cause. For example, the Murtha thing.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:12 am

evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:27 pm

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby TriAngle » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:28 pm

"We must all hang together, or, assuredly, we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin at the signing of the Declaration of Independence, July 4, 1776

Don't waste valuable time pilfering through the heap of disgust the Zionists have provided for our attentions. Make way for your future, and for the future of your sons and daughters, and for the future of your race.

We must create our own societies, our own colonies again, and ban all these heathens to hell where they belong. No admittance for these hooligans.

We must resist all their attempts to totally destroy our heritage, our lives, our religion, our way of life.

We must not participate in their evil, vile ways. Not one iota!
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby pbailey » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:56 pm

All I can say is the past eight years have sucked. All it can do is get better. Gas should have never reached to the area's they reached.

Who's family is in this market area.

May I rest my case!!!
The day you stop learning, is the day you die!

Paul
pbailey
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War