Hypocracy already?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Hypocracy already?

Postby CivilDissent » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:53 pm

Obama's supporters, in the media and else where, are rolling over like wet dogs, now, and making hypcrites out of themselves.

Chris Mathews has been one of the biggest haters/detractors/slanderers of Bush the whole time that Bush has been in the Oval Office. One of the main ideas that he, among many others, consistently mention/criticize is Bush's motive for being President. He, along with many others, constantly insuate that Bush merely wanted to control the oil industry, and others, for his own gain, money.

But, now, apparently, Obama should be judged on different grounds. Why not judge them the same way, along the same standards, that way a person can put one right up against the other and compare them head to head.

Here is something for you, Mathews proving his ignorance (I wanted to use a much stronger word, but decided not to). I am sure many of you will recognize the site and not agree with the site but I suggest just watching the video. Listen to the exact words that come of Mathews mouth.

http://www.onenewsnow.com/Blog/Default.aspx?id=312838

This is extremely typical of the double standard that is going to be held, for the next 4 years.

I tell you what, I question Mathews motives.

And another just to reinforce what I have said before about the media, leaning to the left so far that I cannot believe they do not fall over. There is absolutely no way that media such as this does fair, neutral reporting. Oh well, you have FOX, on the right, that so many say cannot be believed and then you have people like Mathews that cannot be credited for being a fair/neutral reporter either. Tit for tat, I guess.

http://www.eyeblast.tv/public/video.aspx?v=e46UaG6UkU
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Re: Hypocracy already?

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Mon Nov 10, 2008 10:55 pm

CivilDissent wrote:I tell you what

It's Hank Hill all over again.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:13 am

Is that all you can say about Mathews remarks?

No denial? No excuses?

Now that Obama has been elected (but is not President yet, despite what the media wants to infer), the best and most exciting part is watching all of the lip service burn in flames as it already has started to.

Most of those who actually got him elected, those who were teetering on the edge and decided, at the last minute, to pull the lever for him, will come back around when they see that all of his boisterous rhetoric was just a bunch of boring trumpeting to hear his own ego.

It is going to be fun and I will have my recorders going!

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:35 am

I'll be the first to say it here...

When Bush made the Presidential decree that exploration and drilling could proceed - although we really haven't done anything singificant to produce more oil here - the announcement that this was our intent seemed to have an impact on oil prices (true, along with some specualtors getting burned).

Obama publicly states he will cancel this decree - when he does, watch the price of gasoline (currently about $2 Gal. in USA)... he will, and the price will both interact. But Pelosi has a lot of Stock that needs Gas to be expensive to justify using LPG in Autos, so does Soros.
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 10:18 am

CivilDissent wrote:Is that all you can say about Mathews remarks?

No denial? No excuses?

Now that Obama has been elected (but is not President yet, despite what the media wants to infer), the best and most exciting part is watching all of the lip service burn in flames as it already has started to.

Most of those who actually got him elected, those who were teetering on the edge and decided, at the last minute, to pull the lever for him, will come back around when they see that all of his boisterous rhetoric was just a bunch of boring trumpeting to hear his own ego.

It is going to be fun and I will have my recorders going!

I don't bother taking anything you say seriously, especially these posts you've made since Obama has been elected President.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:26 pm

Ge FOrce 543, most of my points, of late, whether you bother to take them seriously or not, are all about equality in treatment.

Peace.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Ghen » Fri Nov 14, 2008 6:42 am

Who's Chris Matthews anyway? I don't watch/listen to him so I don't care who's pocket he's in.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:50 pm

Maybe you have heard of these two.

(Tome)Daschle has signed on as a Senior Policy Advisor with the K Street law firm Alston & Bird. Health care interests, including CVS Caremark, the National Association for Home Care and Hospice, Abbott Laboratories and HealthSouth, are among the firm's lobbying clients. The firm was paid $5.8 million between January and September 2008 to represent companies and associations before Congress and the executive branch, with 60 percent of that money coming from the health industry. Daschle has refused to discuss his salary, but Dole, performing a similar role at the firm, has said he makes in the region of $800,000 to $1 million per year. Daschle is also a senior fellow at the Center for American Progress. In addition, he is currently serving as National Co-Chair of ONE Vote ‘08 (an initiative of ONE.org ) along with Bill Frist.

In late September 2005, Daschle caught the attention of the media by reactivating his political action committee, changing its name from 'DASHPAC' to 'New Leadership for America PAC' and procuring a speaking slot at the Iowa Democratic Party's annual Jefferson-Jackson Day dinner. He has continued to keep a relatively high profile among Democratic interest groups. These moves were interpreted by the media as an exploration of a potential 2008 Presidential candidacy. Daschle has ruled out any future bid for the United States Senate and on December 2, 2006, announced he would not run for President in 2008.

On February 13, 2006, Daschle became one of two Democrats (with Rep. Jane Harman of California) to endorse a warrantless domestic surveillance program conducted under the authority of President George W. Bush by the National Security Agency (NSA).

On February 21, 2007, the Associated Press reported that Daschle, after ruling out a presidential bid in December 2006, had thrown his support behind Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois for the 2008 Presidential Election, saying that he "personifies the future of Democratic leadership in our country."

With regard to his endorsement of Obama, Daschle has been serving in a capacity as one of the national co-chairs for Obama's presidential campaign. Also, Newsweek's Howard Fineman indicated in an April 2007 article that Daschle has been playing a key role as a central adviser in Senator Obama's campaign for the Democratic presidential nomination.[citation needed] Although Obama lost the Democratic primary in South Dakota on June 3, 2008, Daschle's greater efforts came to fruition that evening as Obama secured his party's nomination. Two days later, sources indicated Daschle "has no interest in the vice presidency or in serving as chief of staff if Democratic Sen. Barack Obama of Illinois is elected president," but "is interested in universal health care and might relish serving as HHS secretary."

Daschle was considered for White House Chief of Staff in Barack Obama's new administration; the post ultimately went to Rahm Emanuel.

On November 19, 2008, CNN announced that, pending Senate confirmation, as well as the White House point person concerning all health policy. He will soon join the Obama Transition Team.

Sounds awefully Republicanesque to me. Isn't this one of the things that Obama was so critical of when referring to McCain's wifes dealings.

Along with Billl Clintons' dealings and Obama's support of Hillary, 2009 is going to be a fun and interesting year.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:45 am

Yes. Interesting times ahead. Some things to watch include...

Oil under $54/Barrel
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/12400801/

CO2 Tax needed at once !
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... e=politics

Foreign Law - or USA Constitution ?
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/hea ... 17982.html

George Soros will set policy now...after all, he DID buy the President.
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid= ... 7fB1PF0NPg
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Spark » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:26 am

A certain kind of people got Obama elected. From checking out soup kitchens to being President of the United States. God helps us all...........

I'm thinking that a lot of the folks that voted for this jerk think they are going to get a free pass on everything, at least more than they are currently getting.

If you pay taxes keep your checkbook handy.

Illegal aliens rule. Look what they have done to California........
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War