Coming soon: the ACORN Constitution

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby BrevCampagnolo » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:31 am

by Melanie Phillips

With the tape that has come to light of Obama’s 2001 interview on constitutional matters (and the patently inadequate gloss provided by Camp Obama), we can at last hear in his own words how genuinely radical he is. All his radical associations, dismissed as ‘guilt by association’ by those swept up in this madness, are here finally explained and justified by this piece of the jigsaw. In this interview, Obama laments the fact that the Supreme Court has never waded into areas of ‘economic justice’ and the ‘redistribution of wealth’. But the really important bit is this:

To that extent, as radical as I think people try to characterize the Warren Court, it wasn’t that radical. It didn’t break free from the essential constraints that were placed by the founding fathers in the Constitution, at least as its been interpreted and Warren Court interpreted in the same way, that generally the Constitution is a charter of negative liberties. Says what the states can’t do to you. Says what the Federal government can’t do to you, but doesn’t say what the Federal government or State government must do on your behalf, and that hasn’t shifted and one of the, I think, tragedies of the civil rights movement was, um, because the civil rights movement became so court focused I think there was a tendency to lose track of the political and community organizing and activities on the ground that are able to put together the actual coalition of powers through which you bring about redistributive change. In some ways we still suffer from that... (my emphasis).

Obama dismisses negative liberties and wants ‘positive rights’ instead. This would mean, quite simply, the replacement of individual autonomy by state power. It would mean the end of individual freedom and the end of America’s founding value system.

This is because negative liberty is liberty. It means that everything is permitted unless it is actively prohibited. ‘Positive liberty’, by contrast, means that individual rights consist instead of what the state hands down to the individual. Presented as a means of expanding ‘rights’, what it actually expands is state control and what it shrinks is individual freedom. It thus also opens up the way to the exercise of group rights, delivered by the state, which trump the rights of the individual in a society dominated by the belief that minorities are systematically oppressed by the majority and that therefore minority or group demands must always trump majority or civilisational values. It descends directly from the dictum of Rousseau that people must be 'forced to be free' -- a doctrine which ran from the French Revolution all the way to Hitler and Stalin.

This is also precisely the route down which the UK has so catastrophically been directed by a Labour government committed to upending the nation’s constitutional settlement and by an enthusiastically compliant activist judiciary. Through ‘Human Rights’ legislation the English common law -- the originator of that true liberty which lies at the heart of the American Constitution – has been fettered by the codification of 'rights’, which in turn have made freedom contingent on the say-so of the judiciary. Now Obama wants to ‘break free from the essential constraints’ of the US constitution – but those constraints are on state power. He can’t rely on the Supreme Court to do this, he says – not surprising, since it is bound by the Constitution – and so ‘community organising’ will be used to bring about that transfer of power instead.

Now we can see how foolish are all those who persist in thinking that as a ‘community organiser’ Obama was just a kind of souped-up charity worker. As has been pointed out on this blog and in numerous investigations published on the net, ‘community organising’ is straight out of the Alinsky/ Gramsci Marxist playbook – a means of radicalising the proletariat so that it takes power and overturns the values of the society. Instead of the founding Fathers and the Supreme Court, America is about to get a new constitution written by the thugs of ACORN.

Now we can see the change that we all have to believe in. It is America itself which is to be changed -- and the liberty that it defends crushed by state control.

As history tells us, sometimes democratic elections bring to power a leader who threatens freedom. This is just such a moment.

http://www.spectator.co.uk/melanieph...titution.thtml
-- Campy

"Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons."
- Popular Mechanics, 1949
BrevCampagnolo
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby RockyAMD » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:23 pm

I can't wait for Tuesday when Obama wins and these threads stop.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 3.8ghz
8800 GTS 640MB
Crucial Ballistix 2GB DDR2 800
Gigabyte DS3R
RockyAMD
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Nov 04, 2008 7:07 pm

No, what is going to be really fun is, if Obama wins, on January 21, the day after Inauguration Day, I will, instantly, be a multi-millionaire. I will also, instantly, never have to worry about my many doctors bills, my disability fight with my former company and on and on and on........right? Well, maybe not.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:34 am

Obama has won an inherited the largest debt ever left by a president. So that multimillionaire bit maybe true but if the dollar isn't worth the paper it's pressed upon it won't buy you much I fear... Best of luck you all.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:46 am

I heard, on many TV networks, exactly what I knew I was going to hear.

Now that Obama has been elected, Obama's campaign and supporters are already lowering the bar of expectation. There are, already, excuses and backsteps on what he can or cannot do, before even the first step has been taken.

So, what happened to 24 hours ago?

As far as the debt, refer to some of the info in the alluded to piece: http://news.yahoo.com/s/mcclatchy/20081 ... hy/3092351.

(It is way to long to quote)

Note, in paragraph 14, the bit about tax cuts costing the US debt to skyrocket $2.95 trillion over 10 years.

Also note, in paragraph 19, the bit about Social Security and it costing mega amounts in higher taxes to keep it afloat.

For him to keep these programs, one or the other is going to have to change in vehemently unwanted fashions and, if and when he does these things, the public, especially those who voted for him, are going to be in for a monster of a rude surprise.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:30 am

Ha and you thought McCain was not going to be facing the exact same problem and would react completely different?

No matter what way you look upon the facts: the USA is very close to going broke. It is now completely dependent on the good faith of the rest of the world.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Copper » Wed Nov 05, 2008 1:30 pm

evasive wrote:Ha and you thought McCain was not going to be facing the exact same problem and would react completely different?

No matter what way you look upon the facts: the USA is very close to going broke. It is now completely dependent on the good faith of the rest of the world.

GWB the man who bankrupt the world

reap what you sow
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby cw4cam » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:15 pm

:o Does congress get any blame in this? I thought the president only signed or vetoed bills. It's congress that does the appropriations and spending. :roll:
"A pessimist sees a problem with an opportunity. an optimist sees an opportunity with a problem."
Winston Churchill

Civilization is invaded by barbarians every generation. (author unknown)
cw4cam
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Roach412 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 2:49 pm

cw4cam wrote::o Does congress get any blame in this? I thought the president only signed or vetoed bills. It's congress that does the appropriations and spending. :roll:

a solid fact-based comment! yay!

let's put blame on where it starts - not with the president. namely, let's go after the "effective budget-minded" committees and commissions in congress which would probably be tarred and feathered if they ran a business this way.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby tedybear » Wed Nov 05, 2008 3:29 pm

Roach412 wrote:
cw4cam wrote::o Does congress get any blame in this? I thought the president only signed or vetoed bills. It's congress that does the appropriations and spending. :roll:

a solid fact-based comment! yay!

let's put blame on where it starts - not with the president. namely, let's go after the "effective budget-minded" committees and commissions in congress which would probably be tarred and feathered if they ran a business this way.

-Roach

Agreed. Let's not forget one of the key factors that lead to this mess--Freddie and Fannie. And that same congress turned a blind eye when the alarm bells started ringing back in the 90's!!

Of course, you'll never see any action on this. The same group that screwed all this up? Is the same group that is going to be doing 'commissions' to figure out the cause of the economic mess.

Yeah it's all to easy for any bush bash nut to start yelling "It's all the presidents fault!! It's all the republicans fault!!". We had our share of that bullcrap with some of our local elections. Everyone has short memories and forgets the economic effect of 9/11--and the fact we overcame that--Kudos to President Bush for the rebound? Naaaa.....not from democrats---Kudos to the congress? Naaaa....not from republicans that are out of power. How about Kudos to the American People that proved we are pretty tough and can overcome anything??...

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War