Automated Voting Machines - Calibrated or not ?

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 5:35 pm

[quote="Roach412"][/quote]

I didn't say it had a direct connection to politics. However, I'm sure some people are using it as a scapegoat for McCain losing the election... more people buying into conspiracy crap. If it had nothing to do with politics, why would it be in the hundred year war forum?

Of course the thing doesn't think for itself as it does not utilize artificial intelligence. Regardless, there are people who believe the machines may be rigged to give a political advantage. Some believe it can be used as a tool in political elections.

The video linked in the original post displays that the machines could be calibrated incorrectly. This opens up a "conspiracy portal" to the idea that the political election could have been rigged. There's no doubt the election was indeed decided fairly, but some people tend to believe this nonsense. The video itself had political ties as the machine was used register votes for the election and now has been accused of being calibrated incorrectly.

If something as minuscule as a person's skin color, can be related to politics, how can a machine that counts votes, one that could have possibly have been purposely tampered with to provide an advantage in a political election, have nothing to do with politics?
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby Roach412 » Tue Nov 11, 2008 9:27 pm

Ge FOrce 543 wrote:I didn't say it had a direct connection to politics. However, I'm sure some people are using it as a scapegoat for McCain losing the election... more people buying into conspiracy crap. If it had nothing to do with politics, why would it be in the hundred year war forum?

Of course the thing doesn't think for itself as it does not utilize artificial intelligence. Regardless, there are people who believe the machines may be rigged to give a political advantage. Some believe it can be used as a tool in political elections.

The video linked in the original post displays that the machines could be calibrated incorrectly. This opens up a "conspiracy portal" to the idea that the political election could have been rigged. There's no doubt the election was indeed decided fairly, but some people tend to believe this nonsense. The video itself had political ties as the machine was used register votes for the election and now has been accused of being calibrated incorrectly.

If something as minuscule as a person's skin color, can be related to politics, how can a machine that counts votes, one that could have possibly have been purposely tampered with to provide an advantage in a political election, have nothing to do with politics?

*sigh*

impressive.

wow.

sad. i've had too much to drink tonight to even formulate a solid response to this...it's just....wow. way to "connect the dots". since, it has NO meaning in the world of HYW, or computers. gj.

way to bring in "i'm sure some people" as a solid basis for your argument...and not to imply the fact that there are a significant amount of people that think GWB blew up the trade center. "but that's a bunch of people buying into conspiracy crap!!!"

laff. i'm so over the election, from about 6 months ago.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset