News Crew gets BLACKLISTED!!

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:33 pm

A couple of examples would be that McCain has been on Letterman, The View, Chris Mathews, Tom Brokaw, and many others that he knew he would get ripped apart by the moderator, of the show, and the audience. He faced these crowds, with torches in their hands (as Peart might say), despite knowing that he would lose no matter if he were the most correct information source on the planet.

Obama denies any moderator, that he does not agree with, to be on their show...this interview is a prime example.

Obama is going to have to face the music sometime or the other, especially when/if he is elected President....what is he going to do then?

I will consider it fair when Obama allows himself to be interviewed by Limbaugh, O' Reilly and others along that line. They are single minded and hotheads but, nevertheless, are no worse than those such as Lettermen. Maaaaan, I wish Letterman or Mathews or Couric or many of the others would interview me. I would bring up all of the junk in their past that skews and distorts their views, tit for tat. Maybe, some people would start to see the baloney that they spew.

No, if Obama is elected, there will be some very difficult interviews/situations, unlike Frances kisses and hugs and our media's smooching up to him. Oh, it will be called Bush's fault or racism or many other excuses, at least for a while, but he will have to answer those difficult questions whether it be now, or then.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

1836
The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:42 pm

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Oct 27, 2008 1:37 pm

Actually, I saw an advertisement or ad or something that showed a website that tested and reported on the facts of media writers, interviewers, etc. I forget the name but it was 3 words and some of you may know what I am talking about. It tested all sides and is not partial to any factions.

The interesting thing is that most take the liberal media at their word and completely scorn any media that may even look like it leans to the right. I will try to find it, it is very interesting how much of what the major interviewers say, and imply, is baloney.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

1836
The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:42 pm

Postby tedybear » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:44 pm

It's been a decent run here actually.

Joined: 14 Feb 2004
Posts: 7217

Kinda interesting to be referred to as a possible "Troll" with over 4 years with the forum and over 7200 posts. Large number of posts made in the past had to do with helping other members out with problems, lending a hand when needed. My knowledge is outdated for a lot of the newer stuff, so I do also spend time on automotive forums as well. However my own backround is 2 years college with a major (degree earned) with automotive tech, and a minor in electronics repair and service (also a degree earned). The last 8 years has been spent as a field manager for the company I work for, and was 'downsized' due to the loss of a rather large account. (two companies did not come to a suitable agreement to continue with the service contract).

Now what does that have to do with anything? Maybe nothing? Maybe quite a bit. I'll let people make up their own mind. Part of being a member of this group is to follow the posted rules and not to take the low road of attacking anyone on a personal level. I asked a few basic questions and made some general observations. This thread was made up by myself to get a debate/discussion going regarding the effect of Obama's crew black listing a station due to asking tough questions. And to show the clear media bias that has been a problem with our system for a long time. In general the mainstream medias job should always be non-biased reporting, not playing political favorites. Pointing out those facts with a bit of humor, sources of information, etc... Call it a verbal/typed joust. Prove a point, disprove a point, etc.. Perhaps chess would be a better description.

Now as for claiming I was "Mad" when I did the last two posts? Hardly LOL. Actually it's pretty entertaining to sit back and read your own responses. I'll let you in on something--I've been with forums for a very long time. Way back when Compuserve was in the prime time for "internet" users. The one key thing that I learned so long ago with debates online? Is that the discussion is over when the one trying to win the debate or discussion feels the need to start hurling mindless insults at the other party. It's pretty sad actually. When they can't refute the evidence, or take part in a civil way? They react like a 5 year old having a temper tantrum at recess.

Now having said all that? I've been pretty decent and for the most part have done well at not using "personal attacks" or the like. I find personal attacks to be lame anyway--doesn't help the discussion, doesn't move the discussion forward, etc.. Yeah it's needed sometimes to "Tweak" a fellow member a bit to get them into the discussion, helps figure out where they are coming from and can be interesting.

Difference between "Tweaking" a member and "Personal Attacks" is quite clear however. My telling you "you need to get out more often" is a "Tweak". Basic meaning: There are quite a few people that have different viewpoints in the world then your own. If the mind is so closed to other viewpoints? Then you wind up missing out on learning quite a bit of decent information.

Now personal attacks? Really serve no purpose LOL. (except for some entertainment value on my part reading the efforts to 'insult' me) Yes my "Sorry ass" does work in retail management. Odd how you say that like it's a bad thing? I've never thought so. Pays pretty well, I'm excellent at my job, have a long history of turning failing locations around. Not sure why that would be a bad thing? I actually do engage some of the customers in a touch of verbal chess at times. I find the key is to maintain an open mind, and to listen carefully to what they have to say. Sometimes they make some good points that are worth the time!
and then come here filled with undirected hostility just waiting to lash out at the first thing you could possible perceive as an attack.


Undirected hostility...Interesting. I'll file that one away with my personalized use of the dreaded question mark. Nothing "Hostile" with my commentary that I can really find--other then a "Tweak" here and there LOL.

But, i figure since you've spent the last 2 posts getting mad, i might as well give you reason. I think you're an ignorant douchebag who's so unhappy with his life that at the end of a long day of retail all he has left is to come whine on a "technical" (and i use the term very loosely) website that makes up numbers when benchmarks won't run correctly and can't tell the difference between DX9 and DX10.


Also interesting. To have to resort to personal attacks in an effort to get me "Mad"? Actually I'm laughing at this point. I've been in this industry for over 15 years, and have enjoyed it quite a bit. What I do find alarming with the above comment? Is the very low opinion you have of the users of this forum and website.

Now, since you know so much about me, please tell me exactly what i do and do not do to involve myself in the political process, and i will be glad to "get out more". Fix me, oh wise one.


Oh wise one? LOL!!! Ok, here's a shot. LIGHTEN UP!!! Good lord I've read your post and the hateful way you've come after me? Take a vacation and unwind!! Coming here and spewing some hate---insulting the forum---Take a break and relax before you have a stroke already!! I come here to relax a bit, have some fun, learn, do some verbal jousting, etc... You pop into the 100 year section and do nothing but insult the board and a few members? I guess I do know one thing about you-- You need to de-stress before it causes a medical problem.

I've been trying to tell as long as i've had 'moderator' under my name here if you're a troll or just a stupid douche who can't tell he comes across as a troll and doesn't realize it.


Again with the personal attacks. Sense you bring the 'moderator' status up? Even moderators are bound by duty to follow the rules setup by the admins of the forum. Sense you've broken a large number of the rules of this section? I would urge that you take some time and re-read them again. The moderators job is to ensure things do not get out of hand between members. Not to instigate problems, but to solve them.

As long as you're mentioning media bias, and how strongly you feel about it, why don't you quit referring to it as "both parties", because right there you're buying into the media bias. Plenty of people run for president each election, the media covers 2 of them, and all you mouth breathers just start acting like they are the only two choices we possibly have, when in reality most of you are just too chicken $%^!@# to try to support an independent candidate. And before you spew off with the media drone of 'but a vote for an independent is a wasted vote', look into american history outside of what biased schools have taught you, and see if an independent ever won, then go tell the people who voted for him that they wasted a vote in trying to change the country. You are just as much a part of the problem as the people you cry about, but your too goddamn stupid to see it.


Actually I am voting for a 3rd party this time out. Really can't stand Obama, and McCain just does not leave me with a good feeling, due to his past stands on several issues. I do agree on one point made. Some of the 3rd party runners should be given some time in the national debates and media coverage. Ross P. was a good example of a decent 3rd party runner. I got a bit sick of the "wasted vote" crapola at that point in time. You vote for the person that you feel is going to do the best for this country. Heck with party line voting--Who can do the job the best and shares your own values and ideals. If it's Obama, McCain, Ron Paul, etc... Of course it all boils down to the $$. Who has more of it to advertise, buy time and staff to get your name out, etc... A few decent TV types actually do spend some time with these 3rd party types. Some are pretty damn good!! Others are pretty far out there. LOL.

So that's the official "Response" from yours truly. I guess you can call me "Tedy the Troll" if you like. Really doesn't matter a hill o' beans to me. Like it or not? I'm passionate about my point of view, as everyone should be. However if it's just one sided without listening and learning what the other viewpoints are? Then it's just a waste of time to make an effort.

Ya'll have a good night. And remember to lighten up a bit!! This is not worth having a stroke over ya know.

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree
 
Posts: 7251
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:55 am
Location: Fulton, New York, on Earth

Postby tedybear » Mon Oct 27, 2008 2:51 pm

CivilDissent wrote:Actually, I saw an advertisement or ad or something that showed a website that tested and reported on the facts of media writers, interviewers, etc. I forget the name but it was 3 words and some of you may know what I am talking about. It tested all sides and is not partial to any factions.

The interesting thing is that most take the liberal media at their word and completely scorn any media that may even look like it leans to the right. I will try to find it, it is very interesting how much of what the major interviewers say, and imply, is baloney.


If you can find that information? Please pass it along. Might make for interesting reading.

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree
 
Posts: 7251
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:55 am
Location: Fulton, New York, on Earth

Postby GodSquirrel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:25 pm

tedybear wrote:It's been a decent run here actually.

Joined: 14 Feb 2004
Posts: 7217



*yawn*

tedybear wrote:
Kinda interesting to be referred to as a possible "Troll" with over 4 years with the forum and over 7200 posts. Large number of posts made in the past had to do with helping other members out with problems, lending a hand when needed. My knowledge is outdated for a lot of the newer stuff, so I do also spend time on automotive forums as well. However my own backround is 2 years college with a major (degree earned) with automotive tech, and a minor in electronics repair and service (also a degree earned). The last 8 years has been spent as a field manager for the company I work for, and was 'downsized' due to the loss of a rather large account. (two companies did not come to a suitable agreement to continue with the service contract).

Now what does that have to do with anything? Maybe nothing? Maybe quite a bit. I'll let people make up their own mind. Part of being a member of this group is to follow the posted rules and not to take the low road of attacking anyone on a personal level. I asked a few basic questions and made some general observations. This thread was made up by myself to get a debate/discussion going regarding the effect of Obama's crew black listing a station due to asking tough questions. And to show the clear media bias that has been a problem with our system for a long time. In general the mainstream medias job should always be non-biased reporting, not playing political favorites. Pointing out those facts with a bit of humor, sources of information, etc... Call it a verbal/typed joust. Prove a point, disprove a point, etc.. Perhaps chess would be a better description.


then we are both playing the same game here, good to know, although i'm sure we have different intentions.

tedybear wrote:Now as for claiming I was "Mad" when I did the last two posts? Hardly LOL. Actually it's pretty entertaining to sit back and read your own responses. I'll let you in on something--I've been with forums for a very long time. Way back when Compuserve was in the prime time for "internet" users. The one key thing that I learned so long ago with debates online? Is that the discussion is over when the one trying to win the debate or discussion feels the need to start hurling mindless insults at the other party. It's pretty sad actually. When they can't refute the evidence, or take part in a civil way? They react like a 5 year old having a temper tantrum at recess.


I started back on Prodigy, and on private BBSs before that, so we've both been around a while, and i've seen the temper tantrum response here and there over the years.

tedybear wrote:

Now having said all that? I've been pretty decent and for the most part have done well at not using "personal attacks" or the like. I find personal attacks to be lame anyway--doesn't help the discussion, doesn't move the discussion forward, etc.. Yeah it's needed sometimes to "Tweak" a fellow member a bit to get them into the discussion, helps figure out where they are coming from and can be interesting.

Difference between "Tweaking" a member and "Personal Attacks" is quite clear however. My telling you "you need to get out more often" is a "Tweak". Basic meaning: There are quite a few people that have different viewpoints in the world then your own. If the mind is so closed to other viewpoints? Then you wind up missing out on learning quite a bit of decent information.


Actually i spend quite a bit of time studying viewpoints that directly oppose my own. It is hard to have a discussion with someone who's views you don't have the slightest understanding of.

tedybear wrote:Now personal attacks? Really serve no purpose LOL. (except for some entertainment value on my part reading the efforts to 'insult' me) Yes my "Sorry ass" does work in retail management. Odd how you say that like it's a bad thing? I've never thought so. Pays pretty well, I'm excellent at my job, have a long history of turning failing locations around. Not sure why that would be a bad thing? I actually do engage some of the customers in a touch of verbal chess at times. I find the key is to maintain an open mind, and to listen carefully to what they have to say. Sometimes they make some good points that are worth the time!
and then come here filled with undirected hostility just waiting to lash out at the first thing you could possible perceive as an attack.


Undirected hostility...Interesting. I'll file that one away with my personalized use of the dreaded question mark. Nothing "Hostile" with my commentary that I can really find--other then a "Tweak" here and there LOL.


seriously though, what's with the question mark thing?

tedybear wrote:
But, i figure since you've spent the last 2 posts getting mad, i might as well give you reason. I think you're an ignorant douchebag who's so unhappy with his life that at the end of a long day of retail all he has left is to come whine on a "technical" (and i use the term very loosely) website that makes up numbers when benchmarks won't run correctly and can't tell the difference between DX9 and DX10.


Also interesting. To have to resort to personal attacks in an effort to get me "Mad"? Actually I'm laughing at this point. I've been in this industry for over 15 years, and have enjoyed it quite a bit. What I do find alarming with the above comment? Is the very low opinion you have of the users of this forum and website.


My opinion is not of the users, it is of the so called 'management' of this website that wouldn't know a DX10 game if it bit them in the ass, and continue to list non DX10 software as DX10, yet claim it as truth, further spreading ignorance into the industry. As a whole i find the userbase here to be knowledgeable, I'm just shocked that no one has noticed the DX9/DX10 thing before I said something. I'd like to say i'm shocked that nothing has gotten done about it, but to be honest it is par for the course. If you doubt my statements here, see my post in the games section about S.T.A.L.K.E.R., answer my poll, and my proof will be posted. This is a part of my argument on the technical knowledge of the site, not the entire argument.



tedybear wrote:
Now, since you know so much about me, please tell me exactly what i do and do not do to involve myself in the political process, and i will be glad to "get out more". Fix me, oh wise one.


Oh wise one? LOL!!! Ok, here's a shot. LIGHTEN UP!!! Good lord I've read your post and the hateful way you've come after me? Take a vacation and unwind!! Coming here and spewing some hate---insulting the forum---Take a break and relax before you have a stroke already!! I come here to relax a bit, have some fun, learn, do some verbal jousting, etc... You pop into the 100 year section and do nothing but insult the board and a few members? I guess I do know one thing about you-- You need to de-stress before it causes a medical problem.


You've been around since the old days. I'd like to direct your attention to rule 20 of the internet. (google will help you on this one) What is happening here should be old news to you at this point.

tedybear wrote:

I've been trying to tell as long as i've had 'moderator' under my name here if you're a troll or just a stupid douche who can't tell he comes across as a troll and doesn't realize it.


Again with the personal attacks. Sense you bring the 'moderator' status up? Even moderators are bound by duty to follow the rules setup by the admins of the forum. Sense you've broken a large number of the rules of this section? I would urge that you take some time and re-read them again. The moderators job is to ensure things do not get out of hand between members. Not to instigate problems, but to solve them.

I know the rules, but i have no job here, i'd like to make that perfectly clear. I do have a goal, but that is personal, and in no way determined by this site or its administrators.

tedybear wrote:
As long as you're mentioning media bias, and how strongly you feel about it, why don't you quit referring to it as "both parties", because right there you're buying into the media bias. Plenty of people run for president each election, the media covers 2 of them, and all you mouth breathers just start acting like they are the only two choices we possibly have, when in reality most of you are just too chicken $%^!@# to try to support an independent candidate. And before you spew off with the media drone of 'but a vote for an independent is a wasted vote', look into american history outside of what biased schools have taught you, and see if an independent ever won, then go tell the people who voted for him that they wasted a vote in trying to change the country. You are just as much a part of the problem as the people you cry about, but your too goddamn stupid to see it.


Actually I am voting for a 3rd party this time out. Really can't stand Obama, and McCain just does not leave me with a good feeling, due to his past stands on several issues. I do agree on one point made. Some of the 3rd party runners should be given some time in the national debates and media coverage. Ross P. was a good example of a decent 3rd party runner. I got a bit sick of the "wasted vote" crapola at that point in time. You vote for the person that you feel is going to do the best for this country. Heck with party line voting--Who can do the job the best and shares your own values and ideals. If it's Obama, McCain, Ron Paul, etc... Of course it all boils down to the $$. Who has more of it to advertise, buy time and staff to get your name out, etc... A few decent TV types actually do spend some time with these 3rd party types. Some are pretty damn good!! Others are pretty far out there. LOL.


Then maybe you do think for yourself, that's a rare thing these days, cherish it.
tedybear wrote:
So that's the official "Response" from yours truly. I guess you can call me "Tedy the Troll" if you like. Really doesn't matter a hill o' beans to me. Like it or not? I'm passionate about my point of view, as everyone should be. However if it's just one sided without listening and learning what the other viewpoints are? Then it's just a waste of time to make an effort.

Ya'll have a good night. And remember to lighten up a bit!! This is not worth having a stroke over ya know.

S-


I've been posting all this with a smile on my face, but when my goal here is completed i'll have an even bigger smile. Unfortunately it doesn't seem anyone here has caught on to whats happening, even when the evidence is handed to them on a silver platter. Don't rack your brain too hard on it, this isn't personally against you, but every game of chess needs pawns. The quest continues.
GodSquirrel
 

Postby GodSquirrel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:26 pm

tedybear wrote:
CivilDissent wrote:Actually, I saw an advertisement or ad or something that showed a website that tested and reported on the facts of media writers, interviewers, etc. I forget the name but it was 3 words and some of you may know what I am talking about. It tested all sides and is not partial to any factions.

The interesting thing is that most take the liberal media at their word and completely scorn any media that may even look like it leans to the right. I will try to find it, it is very interesting how much of what the major interviewers say, and imply, is baloney.


If you can find that information? Please pass it along. Might make for interesting reading.

S-


Here is something we both agree on. I'd love to see this site.
GodSquirrel
 

Postby CivilDissent » Mon Oct 27, 2008 3:53 pm

I am trying to find it right now. I can tell you it was based in the North East, had a red, or orangish, titlebar and, at least, 2 of the 3 words in the name of the site started with C.

I will keep looking as I remember what it looked like.

It was very interesting because, if I remember correctly, was a university professor team checking media "outlets" with inside knowledge being used, things that the main media do not want you to know about.

And, they were insiders also who know how the system works and not just lay people.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

1836
The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:42 pm

Postby CivilDissent » Tue Oct 28, 2008 5:08 am

I am still searching. I do promise it exists though.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

1836
The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 867
Joined: Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:42 pm

Postby tedybear » Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:11 am

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id ... _article=1
NEW YORK (AP) - John McCain supporters who believe they haven't gotten a fair shake from the media during the Republican's candidacy against Barack Obama have a new study to point to.

Comments made by sources, voters, reporters and anchors that aired on ABC, CBS and NBC evening newscasts over the past two months reflected positively on Obama in 65 percent of cases, compared to 31 percent of cases with regards to McCain, according to the Center for Media and Public Affairs.

ABC's "World News" had more balance than NBC's "Nightly News" or the "CBS Evening News," the group said.

Meanwhile, the first half of Fox News Channel's "Special Report" with Brit Hume showed more balance than any of the network broadcasters, although it was dominated by negative evaluations of both campaigns. The center didn't evaluate programs on CNN or MSNBC.

"For whatever reason, the media are portraying Barack Obama as a better choice for president than John McCain," said Robert Lichter, a George Mason University professor and head of the center. "If you watch the evening news, you'd think you should vote for Obama."

The center analyzed 979 separate news stories shown between Aug. 23 and Oct. 24, and excluded evaluations based on the campaign horse race, including mention of how the candidates were doing in polls. For instance, when a voter was interviewed on CBS Oct. 14 saying he thought Obama brought a freshness to Washington, that was chalked up as a pro-Obama comment.

When NBC's Andrea Mitchell reported Oct. 1 that some conservatives say that Sarah Palin is not ready for prime-time, that's marked in the negative column for McCain.

ABC recorded 57 percent favorable comments toward the Democrats, and 42 percent positive for the Republicans. NBC had 56 percent positive for the Democrats, 16 percent for the Republicans. CBS had 73 percent positive (Obama), versus 31 percent (McCain).

Hume's telecast had 39 percent favorable comments for McCain and 28 percent positive for the Democratic ticket.

It was the second study in two weeks to remark upon negative coverage for the McCain-Palin ticket. The Project for Excellence in Journalism concluded last week that McCain's coverage has been overwhelmingly negative since the conventions ended, while Obama's has been more mixed.

Meanwhile, another survey issued Friday by the Pew Research Center for the People & the Press showed that television continues to be Americans' main source for campaign news, particularly the cable news networks.
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree
 
Posts: 7251
Joined: Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:55 am
Location: Fulton, New York, on Earth

Previous

Return to The Hundred Year War

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron