News Crew gets BLACKLISTED!!

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

News Crew gets BLACKLISTED!!

Postby tedybear » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:27 pm

WFTV-Channel 9's Barbara West conducted a satellite interview with Sen. Joe Biden on Thursday. A friend says it's some of the best entertainment he's seen recently. What do you think?

West wondered about Sen. Barack Obama's comment, to Joe the Plumber, about spreading the wealth. She quoted Karl Marx and asked how Obama isn't being a Marxist with the "spreading the wealth" comment.

"Are you joking?" said Biden, who is Obama's running mate. "No," West said.

West later asked Biden about his comments that Obama could be tested early on as president. She wondered if the Delaware senator was saying America's days as the world's leading power were over.

"I don't know who's writing your questions," Biden shot back.

Biden so disliked West's line of questioning that the Obama campaign canceled a WFTV interview with Jill Biden, the candidate's wife.

"This cancellation is non-negotiable, and further opportunities for your station to interview with this campaign are unlikely, at best for the duration of the remaining days until the election," wrote Laura K. McGinnis, Central Florida communications director for the Obama campaign.

McGinnis said the Biden cancellation was "a result of her husband's experience yesterday during the satellite interview with Barbara West."

Here's a link to the interview: http://www.wftv.com/video/17790025/index.html.

WFTV news director Bob Jordan said, "When you get a shot to ask these candidates, you want to make the most of it. They usually give you five minutes."

Jordan said political campaigns in general pick and choose the stations they like. And stations often pose softball questions during the satellite interviews.

"Mr. Biden didn't like the questions," Jordan said. "We choose not to ask softball questions."

Jordan added, "I'm crying foul on this one."

So much for the ability of a "Free Press" to ask questions.

Ask the wrong question? Get blackballed.

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Ghen » Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:07 am

The press is still free to ask any question they want.. The Obama campaign has every right not to answer as well if it isn't going to help their personal agenda. I'm not exactly sure where the problem is here. 1/2 the country is going to be blacklisted by the other 1/2's favorite candidate. Ok, maybe 10% can stay impartial.. so 45/45/10 split.
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby tedybear » Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:28 am

Actually the point was that up until this one incident? All they have gotten is 'softball' slow pitch questions. Easy ones that they could just spit out a few 'talking points' and not get challenged to explain the statements.

So we now have a "news staff" that actually asked the question for him to explain the statements! Due to this team always getting softball's and not being challenged to explain what they meant? Now one station actually does the job that all media should be doing for both parties, and the result is that they get black listed for any interviews or the like for the duration?

Obama's crew could have answered the questions and really hit a home run with it--Instead they cry foul and basically say "You ask us questions that we did not approve of? NO SOUP FOR YOU!!!....You either let us answer with our talking points the questions we allow---or you'll never have another chance to interview anyone from our side".

What happens if they actually get elected and get challenged by another countries leaders to answer or account for their actions and statements? Are they going to cry foul and run away from it?

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby GodSquirrel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:48 am

So do you think Palin should have to answer the so called 'gotcha' questions, too? or are you just one of those criers who bitches and moans everytime the opposing candidate does something while keeping blind support of the candidate you support, regardless of the problem.

I swear the board has to have some of the most ignorant political crap i've ever seen
GodSquirrel

Postby Ghen » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:57 am

it would be nice to get them to answer any question we wanted, and I'd just settle for moderated questions, but you can't just accuse one person of doing it[/i]
ImageImageImage
Ghen
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby tedybear » Sun Oct 26, 2008 11:27 am

GodSquirrel wrote:So do you think Palin should have to answer the so called 'gotcha' questions, too? or are you just one of those criers who bitches and moans everytime the opposing candidate does something while keeping blind support of the candidate you support, regardless of the problem.

I swear the board has to have some of the most ignorant political crap i've ever seen

You need to get out more often.

Additionally you also need to get your facts clearly in order before making a claim. I've said repeatedly that while I like McCain? He's not the right man for the job as president, and I will not be throwing my support behind him. I am a proud conservative first, and McCain's done some really idiotic things that push the wrong agenda for this country.

Likewise Obama is one of the MOST libbylooneybird we have in the Senate. Just about 180degrees away from any 'right' minded conservatives ideals. He has played the game of politics extremely well..and if anyone digs hard enough? You'll also find he's played that game very dirty.

"Voters overwhelmingly believe that the media wants Barack Obama to win the presidential election," a Pew Research Center for the People and the Press survey released Wednesday discovered. Specifically: "By a margin of 70%-9%, Americans say most journalists want to see Obama, not John McCain, win on Nov. 4. Another 8% say journalists don't favor either candidate, and 13% say they don't know which candidate most reporters support." The question: "Who do you think most newspaper reporters and TV journalists want to see win the presidential election -- Barack Obama or John McCain?" Unsurprisingly, 90 percent of Republicans recognized how journalists hope Obama is victorious, yet so did 62 percent of Democrats and independents.

The traditional media is playing a very, very dangerous game. With its readers, with the Constitution, and with its own fate.

The sheer bias in the print and television coverage of this election campaign is not just bewildering, but appalling. And over the last few months I’ve found myself slowly moving from shaking my head at the obvious one-sided reporting, to actually shouting at the screen of my television and my laptop computer.

But worst of all, for the last couple weeks, I’ve begun — for the first time in my adult life — to be embarrassed to admit what I do for a living. A few days ago, when asked by a new acquaintance what I did for a living, I replied that I was “a writer”, because I couldn’t bring myself to admit to a stranger that I’m a journalist. [...]

But nothing, nothing I’ve seen has matched the media bias on display in the current Presidential campaign. Republicans are justifiably foaming at the mouth over the sheer one-sidedness of the press coverage of the two candidates and their running mates. But in the last few days, even Democrats, who have been gloating over the pass - no, make that shameless support - they’ve gotten from the press, are starting to get uncomfortable as they realize that no one wins in the long run when we don’t have a free and fair press.

Call it bitching and moaning if you like--but it's extremely clear that Obama's ticket has been getting a total free pass, and a whole lot of puff pieces to prop this idiot up. So it comes as no surprise when Biden gets some tough questions? The Obama team cries foul and black-balls the station and it's news dept. for daring to do it's job.

Any question, provided it's done in a polite respectful way? Should be likewise answered.

It's actually refreshing to find a news person actually DOING THEIR JOB!! and not heaping praise all to one side. For that effort? The Obama crew got offended (get used to it, conservatives get this treatment all the time). Their response, not to answer the questions..but to run and hide crying about how badly they got treated.

As I've pretty much pointed out? It's not bitching and moaning to want some basic FAIR TREATMENT by the mainstream media on BOTH SIDES!! It's a statement of fact that the majority of the media has endorsed Obama, and is doing all it can to get him elected.

"Blind Support for a candidate?" Give me a flippen break.

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby GodSquirrel » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:40 pm

I missed the part where i made a claim about anything, except for an overall ignorance on these message boards. You managed to put alot of words in my mouth for how little i've said, and also managed to guess what you assume my political views are. Not sure where you got ideas on them, i don't usually post in the political threads here, i guess that's what fact checking before posting is for, huh? I like how you took things so personal though, you're funny when you get mad on the internet, its like you think that the things you post here will actually change people's political views.

I also really like the part where you assumed knowledge of how often i get out, although recently I have seen alot of conservatives using the line "you need to get out more" all over the place, and to varying people. As if the problem is that we all just hide at home all the time or something. Is that seriously the best you can come up with?

And tell me do you always put your punctuation? in the middle of the sentence, or do you just really love question marks. You use them all the time, so i imagine that it is the latter. Then again maybe you're just typing in some font that this site doesn't completely recognize, which is incredibly possible given the age of the software being run here.
GodSquirrel

Postby tedybear » Mon Oct 27, 2008 4:28 am

or are you just one of those criers who bitches and moans everytime the opposing candidate does something while keeping blind support of the candidate you support, regardless of the problem.

That's the claim you put out. The topic of this thread was how Obama's crew got bent out of shape due to being asked some tough questions. I have provided some back round evidence to support my own viewpoint regarding media bias. Provided the media coverage is the same for both parties running, there wouldn't be a need for me to as you put it "bitch and moan".

In regards to "getting out more often". I do work in retail management. I deal with hundreds of people each day. Some of the political 'crap' as you put it? When most of the people you deal with on a daily basis do not know where Iran or Iraq is. Most of the people do not even know who the vice president is, or any of the basics most of us 'old school' types learned back in Civics 101? It's not about "Hiding" at home, but it is about being engaged in the process, and educating yourself with all different viewpoints and being able to see past the bull crap put out by both sides. Sadly most people do blindly follow, and take everything stated as the gospel truth. Some also will just close their minds to any viewpoint that is not in lockstep with their own. Extreme conservatives are like that, along with the extreme lib's. Nothing makes a dent in their opinion, and there is no room for debate or exchange of ideas.

This board may have some interesting political posts, but at least the people here are engaged enough to have an understanding of the political process. If you want to see just how blindly people will follow anyone? All it takes is listening to neighbors and people in public venues (or in my case shopping malls) and you'll find out quickly just how colorful some views really are.
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby evasive » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:02 am

every country gets the goverment it deserves, if the people are not involved and/or interested, be prepared for a goverment with the same characteristics...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby GodSquirrel » Mon Oct 27, 2008 8:59 am

I asked a question, you mistook it for a claim, and that made you very butthurt i might add. Go go american education system. Judging by the intellect of your posts I'd wager public schools.

And just because your sorry ass has to work retail management doesn't mean that I need to get out more, maybe you should direct your anger where it needs to go. Maybe you should try telling that to your customers when they spew off with ignorance, but no, you probably just smile, nod, and say 'yes sir' like a good little monkey, and then come here filled with undirected hostility just waiting to lash out at the first thing you could possible perceive as an attack.

But, i figure since you've spent the last 2 posts getting mad, i might as well give you reason. I think you're an ignorant douchebag who's so unhappy with his life that at the end of a long day of retail all he has left is to come whine on a "technical" (and i use the term very loosely) website that makes up numbers when benchmarks won't run correctly and can't tell the difference between DX9 and DX10.

By the way, in your last response, I really liked how you quoted my first post then addressed my second, could you do that again? it makes you look smrt, and makes me smile.

Now, since you know so much about me, please tell me exactly what i do and do not do to involve myself in the political process, and i will be glad to "get out more". Fix me, oh wise one.

I've been trying to tell as long as i've had 'moderator' under my name here if you're a troll or just a stupid douche who can't tell he comes across as a troll and doesn't realize it.

As long as you're mentioning media bias, and how strongly you feel about it, why don't you quit referring to it as "both parties", because right there you're buying into the media bias. Plenty of people run for president each election, the media covers 2 of them, and all you mouth breathers just start acting like they are the only two choices we possibly have, when in reality most of you are just too chicken $%^!@# to try to support an independent candidate. And before you spew off with the media drone of 'but a vote for an independent is a wasted vote', look into american history outside of what biased schools have taught you, and see if an independent ever won, then go tell the people who voted for him that they wasted a vote in trying to change the country. You are just as much a part of the problem as the people you cry about, but your too goddamn stupid to see it.

I have some advice for you, next time you take a shower, look up at the nozzle, get it pointed right into your mouth, and take a few deep breaths for the good of society.
GodSquirrel

Next

Return to The Hundred Year War