We'll survive Obama – before a President Palin

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby CivilDissent » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:13 am

Getting back to the point of the thread, economics, one direction is not exclusive of the the other. I will give some examples.

1. Many people are upset at the Big 3 auto makers asking for "Bailout" money seeing it as just giving money to high rollers, etc. That is true, to some extent, but there is more to it than that. Failure of the Big 3 will, in some ways, scourge the "hotshots" but it will also cause thousands of everyday families to lose their incomes, houses, insurance, etc. So, it affects things both ways.

2. Here is a tricky one but try to stay with it. Tax breaks. Business is about making money....plain and simple. It makes many of us jealous, including myself, that we cannot live in a $10 million dollar house but that is the goal of every kid that goes to college and all of the rest of us, for that matter. Businesses have to pay taxes. Taxes reduce profits. Profits are what a business is all about. If profits cannot be made, money is not there to pay the workers. Etc., Etc.

Yes, money can be used in better ways but making a profit and paying an executive a high wage is what our society is all about.

3. Democrats complain about wealthy Republicans and businesses money but I did not see a single Senator or Representative vote down the last congressional pay raise and that includes Democrats and Independents.

4. Republicans are not the only "rich" politicians. Democrats are just as monetarily endued. Democrats such as the Kennedies have been well known as being a "monarchy" family for quite some time and there are more. Obama is not exactly poor himself.

5. I would be willing to bet everything I have that if we could see the tax returns of all Democrat congresspeople that there would be just as many tricky tax lawyers and tricky tax returns on that side as on the Republicans side. As the matter of fact, most people in congress are tricky lawyers themselves, including Democrats.

6. I would also be willing to bet that Democrats have just as many expensive hotshot parties, etc. as Republicans have.

7. Concerning oil, oil is used/refined to make and affect many, many, many products such as fuel oils/gases, production oils/gases, etc. which in turn are used to make many, many other products all the way down to the products that the "natural" things that are being pushed by Obama.

For example:

Oil is drilled and then refined to production gases such as ethylene, propane, butane, etc., etc. These products, along with other oil based derivatives like, catalysts, to make products such as plastics. Plastics are used to make things such as the things used to make batteries (insulators, etc.), solar cell panes, wire coating/jacketting. Those cells, wiring, etc. are used to make the "green biofriendly" energy producing products that are pushed by Obama. To get the electricity from those products to your house, a coated form of wire is run to your house/apartment. The coating on the wire being produced from refined oil.

Eliminating oil will change things......dramatically.....all the way down to the keyboard/monitor/video card/sound card/wiring/epoxies/laminate coating/CD/DVD player, etc., etc. that you are using right now on that computer in front of you.

We will never, ever get rid of oil as a much needed resource, it is a fact.

I could go on and on.

The point is that there is very little difference between the parties, really.
Oh, they put on a parade on certain subjects but when it comes down to it they are mostly rich, power hungry people.

As was said earlier, I am not a big fan of any affiliation of politics I just do not think that some are quite as bad as others.

And the real thing is that none of us really have any idea of what goes on in Congress as aloooooot of the stuff goes on behind closed doors, in tricky sessions with private dealings that none of us will ever know about.

Money/power, folks, is what makes the world go around and that will never change.......I do not care who is in power.
Last edited by CivilDissent on Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A mouth does not have to be open for words to be said or be spoken."

The Year the Greatest Nation on Earth was
Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
I pledge allegiance to thee,
Texas, one and indivisible."
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby TriAngle » Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:32 am

greytains, my apologies for the bad choice of words.

Spark, my intent was not to ridicule you in any way. Just reaffirming everyone's right to free speech and free thought. And to be aware of the attempts to silence both.

Tri.
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:24 pm

As I've mentioned before, it is about to start getting good. :D

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/12/10/ ... index.html

And it is getting better by the minute with "mentions" of JJ Jr. and Obama being made by the minute. No mention of JJ Jr. or Obama doing anything wrong but just being an incident by which they are even mentioned as being affected by makes it even better. And...Obama is not even in office yet. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looks like the bubble is shrinking with every second. :wink:

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby TriAngle » Wed Dec 10, 2008 1:59 pm

It seems that Illinois is the Center of Corruption, outside of D.C.
All chickens come home to roost!
They are trying hard to cover their tracks, and point the finger elsewhere, to take the attention away from themselves; that is their normal mode of operation. But, we know who they really are, and we know what they've done.

Most people don't care to look behind the curtains to see who is pulling the strings. That's the problem. They have gotten fat and lazy. They have surrendered their honor on the altar of deception.

This is just another reason why we need the Vikings back here today; to clean up this mess, and roll some heads!

God Bless America! And God Bless the World!
Tri. PDT_Armataz_01_01
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby evasive » Thu Dec 11, 2008 3:22 am

Exactly, every country gets the government it deserves... If you don't care, they won't either...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby CivilDissent » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:21 am

And better and better..............

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20081217/pl_ ... lagojevich

Looks like Democrats are no better. It is starting to look, more and more, like their is another Dick Cheney-esque working behind the lines to be.

Founded!

"Honor the Texas Flag.
CivilDissent
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby TriAngle » Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:25 am

I expected nothing less from these Marxist Zionists!
Where are the Vikings when we need them the most?
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:34 am

What if we just rewrote the Constitution ? It DOES seem to lack any language about a RIGHT to Money, Housing, food, etc.

And those pesky 1st, 2nd, 5th, 12th, and 14th amendments have been in the way quite often lately...

Watch for it !
http://powertothenation.com/
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Roach412 » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:51 am

thomas_w_bowman wrote:http://powertothenation.com/

funny.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Spark » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:20 am

Well the voters put Obama in the Whitehouse hating Bush, and because of the color of Obama's skin and expecting a change, but what kind of a change are we going to get? I mean this guy has zero executive experience, zip. We are in for the ride of our life time.

If the US Government is now saying that our economy is in very serious shape you better believe it's worse than that.

Unemployment has now hit the million mark I believe but yet we have 13 million some odd illegal folks here in the USA sucking up jobs and the free social services of the local taxpayers and then they send the money they make here back to their family back home in their home country.

At what point do folks in authority, our elected officials start enforcing the damn law and start doing their jobs ?

It will get worse before it gets better, take it to the bank................

Obama granted seems to be a smart guy but just has no experience in the job he got elected for. Palin has executive experience, determination and the will to do the right thing and she sure is a good looking gal, but got zip for the effort.

Sorry to say that in my opinion it will take a world wide catastrophe to correct the mess the world is in.
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War