We'll survive Obama – before a President Palin

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby miki02131 » Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:25 pm

I do have to concede at this point that trying to reason with Rednecks is an exercise in futility. There is no point in arguing with certain people! Unfortunately, the education system that nurtures such brains really fails the country as a whole. You will never hear from me again, redneck. Born i*diot, die i*diot.

Miki Out.
Help humanity .....join the
Motherboards.org
folding team! 33258
miki02131
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby greytrains » Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:01 pm

Please refrain from the name calling. You can make your point without calling other people a "redneck." If you don't remember the rules then please read them.

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=44

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=19898
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Roach412 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:48 am

miki02131 wrote:Hi Redneck,

When you can appreciate the difference between the words PURPOSE and OBJECTIVES, come back again for more.

Miki out.

miki02131 wrote:I do have to concede at this point that trying to reason with Rednecks is an exercise in futility. There is no point in arguing with certain people! Unfortunately, the education system that nurtures such brains really fails the country as a whole. You will never hear from me again, redneck. Born i*diot, die i*diot.

Miki Out.

:mb_laugh7:: :lol: :lol:

is that supposed to be a racist insult, educational level insult or just an insult because you can't provide a reasonable response?

you always harp on others for not "getting" the difference/inference of your comments, and you completely miss on this one which is so blaringly obvious. it was A JOKE. OMGLOLROFLCOPTER!!11one!!

sersiously, grow up. stop being such a drama queen.

fyi - as i am from wisconsin, the whole "redneck" thing really just illustrates your "east-coast ignorance" that we hear so much of on our hand-powered wide-band radios; we haven't figured out the remote control on our tvs. deh so durn confusin, yah der heh.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby tedybear » Thu Oct 16, 2008 12:42 pm

Without hopefully fueling things along, because I've always tried to be pretty mild here.

The whole idea behind discussing and debating---it's about an exchange of ideas....proof.....say something and be able to back it up.

Now we do have a few Obama supporters, McCain supporters, and those like myself that really do not like either side---but can't stand Obama's whole elite speak--talking down to people like he's the smartest guy there ever was...etc... It just rubs me the wrong way.

So we have quite a bit of news and information surfacing about Obama with the backround...the policies that he wants to propose if/when he becomes president..and some interesting questions regarding his judgment. Well folks...NEWSFLASH!! This is all very much worth discussing. In essence this guy is applying for the job of "President" of the largest "company" in the world. Now I do HR work for my job. Hiring and Firing. When doing the main interviews? The things to look for are: Educational/Training, Ethics, Judgment, and basic backround checks.

Are the issues important? Yes they are. And they have also been discussed here, and elsewhere to the point of exhaustion. And I expect there will be even more discussion after last nights debate. However issues are just a part of the total package. We are hiring the so called "leader of the free world". What are his core values and principles? Does he have the judgment and leadership abilities to get the job done? Does he have enough time on the national stage to work well with others and really "Reach across" to the other parties to get common goals done?

To sit back and state all of this is just BS, Deflection, Distractions? Baloney. The issues are what they are---We need a future leader that totally understands the issues, and has the backround, education, morals, values, ethics, judgment, etc.. To ensure the right choices are made. Obama keeps talking about "Change". But he lacks quite a bit on his backround, ethics, judgment, values, etc... to really convince us that he can make the RIGHT TYPE of change.

With John McCain? While I might not care for the guy? He does have a track record that he is proud of, and is public knowledge. People know what they can expect of him. For me he's just to much on the libby side for me to support him. But he does come across pretty well to the people by talking TO them, and not AT or DOWN to them. Sorry folks, Obama still reminds me of a college professor looking down his nose at everyone. It just does not work for me.

Bringing this back full circle to the "name calling" nonsense. It always seems when someone does not agree with their point of view? It reminds me of the "EliteSpeak" Adding nothing to the conversation but cut and pasting, hurling insults, etc... So quite a few challenges to Obama's backround and judgment have come forward. I'd expect clear responses to such challenges put forward in a thoughtful manner. Not just lobbing a few insults and thinking "Yer just stupid, and I'm smart enough to blindly follow the guy I like". I hear this also on talk radio where the host will list a known fact about someone...the person on the other end has nothing to offer to refute the claims--So they resort to pulling out the race card, and hurling insults. It's lame, and it proves you have no idea about the topic being discussed.

Meaningful debates are extremely rewarding. It's fun to see and learn from others. But if we are only reduced to cutting and pasting, and not lending our own thoughts to the process? Or in the recent case taking the same paragraph--and cutting/pasting it onto 5 different threads as a proper "Response"? So everyone knows what Buckley is all about--His son made his choice after getting his undies in a bunch. His father is probably rolling over at this point thinking "from one extreme to the other!?!?" Is it worth talking about? To a degree---Is it worth using as a universal response for a wide range of topics? That tells me the debate is over, cause you haven't got anything to offer.

Later's

S-
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Ge FOrce 543 » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:24 pm

miki02131 wrote:I do have to concede at this point that trying to reason with Rednecks is an exercise in futility. There is no point in arguing with certain people! Unfortunately, the education system that nurtures such brains really fails the country as a whole. You will never hear from me again, redneck. Born i*diot, die i*diot.

Miki Out.

Unfortunately I can share your frustration. I quit a while back. Trying to argue with a republican is the equivalent of trying to argue with any religious person. The feedback you get is as off topic and avoiding as possible. Everything is backed up with a few misinterpreted ideas.
Ge FOrce 543
BANNED!

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Fri Oct 17, 2008 4:15 am

True:
...trying to reason with Rednecks is an exercise in futility...

All that happens is the same cut and paste over and over...
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Roach412 » Fri Oct 17, 2008 7:21 am

Ge FOrce 543 wrote:Unfortunately I can share your frustration. I quit a while back. Trying to argue with a republican is the equivalent of trying to argue with any religious person. The feedback you get is as off topic and avoiding as possible. Everything is backed up with a few misinterpreted ideas.

you can say the same about taking a different viewpoint from anyone on any topic...? what's the point of even having ideas or presenting them to anyone then using your logic? apparently you know all, and understand all and are infallible. i thought only the catholic church and god were that?? we could have the future pope on the boards....

interestingly enough, i believe in neither - but at least i respect the thought of them, and other's ideas/beliefs.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Spark » Sun Nov 09, 2008 1:25 am

After reading various HYW posts, it's my opinion that the HYW forum should be abolished.

Commenting on controversial subjects can get to personal that end up causing some folks to get banned or not want to visit the Motherboards.org website at all.

The HYW forum has the tendency of creating to many hard feelings among its members. There are other websites that one can blow off steam on.

I have seen a few very PC savvy folks get chased away or not want to vist here any more because of various attitudes and comments by some of it's members, including some of their moderators. :idea:
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby TriAngle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:43 pm

The ONLY thing that will change is who is in the White (Black) House.
The Prez and Congress are all controlled 100% by the Zionists, and they WILL do their bidding, regardless of the Constitution.
After all, Ariel Sharon stated years ago that 'we Israelis in Israel control Washington, and the U.S. knows it".
Nothing will change for the better. But, for the worse, the #@%$ is gonna hit the fan around Feb '09 and in the early Spring. So, you better hunker down, folks. They have big plans for us all, and it ain't for our benefit!

~edit: please watch the language greytrains
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby TriAngle » Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:54 pm

Spark,
Are you suggesting that the motherboards.org owners cower down and abolish the HYW forum just to appease those who are intimated or insulted by other's freedom of speech and their expression of their viewpoints, which are all endowed by our creator as men?
That's what has happened on many other sites/forums; intimidation, or not being 'politically correct', which is just another way to rob people of their freedom of speech.
People have been so brainwashed by the Zionist-owned media that to be a true person, and especially a White Male, you must cower down and feel guilt for everyone in the world, whether you had anything to do with their destiny or not.

Telling the truth in a time of deception is a dangerous thing, as many can't tolerate the truth, and those that wish to keep you down, will use everything in their power (those rights and power that you gave up) to keep you down.

Or, are you truly wishing that political discussions be abolished and removed from this forum, and placed elsewhere; that being another form of control over the masses, and their RIGHT to express themselves freely, and to discuss ANYTHING they wish, ANYWHERE they wish?

My best wishes to all.
Tri.
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
TriAngle
Black Belt
Black Belt

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War