new american flag

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

sbrehm72255
Green Belt
Green Belt

Post by sbrehm72255 »

Spark wrote:
kylepaddock wrote:my input. is that it is better to loose men overseas than to have them come here and we loose many more civilians.

(edited for spelling)
In my opinion, it's not better to lose men and or women for any reason including during a war. The only thing better about this war (Iraq & Afghanistan) that it's not being fought on my front lawn, which sure as he-l could be the case.

If we end up tangling with Iran, China or N. Korea, the younger folks that seem to have so much to say about war be it right or wrong just might as well get ready to ship out or run to Canada like the yellow folks did during Nam.
QFT..................couldn't have said it better myself.

Sgt 1st Class, USA Retired (Disabled Vet)
Spark
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Re: new american flag

Post by Spark »

evasive wrote:to celebrate the 4000th victim in Iraq:

I am totally surprised and disappointed that a citizen of the Netherlands would post such a picture making fun of the United States of America regardless of the issue, especially after all that America has done for the Netherands during WWII. Kind of reminds me of the French government today.

Again it was the United States of America that freed that country of the brutal grasp of that dirt bag Hitler. Had it not been for the United States of America and it's allies, folks there could very well have ended up with German as their national language today.

This is the thanks we Americans get.
iamwhoiamtoday
Black Belt
Black Belt

Post by iamwhoiamtoday »

America did a good job back in WW2. World War Two was America's prime, it's shining moment of glory, so you can stop rubbing it in everyone's faces. Most everything since then... well, it's been going downhill.

On August 2, 1964, the USS Maddox, on an intelligence mission along North Vietnam's coast, fired upon and damaged several torpedo boats that had been stalking it in the Gulf of Tonkin.[70] A second attack was reported two days later on the USS Turner Joy and Maddox in the same area. The circumstances of the attack were murky. Lyndon Johnson commented to Undersecretary of State George Ball that "those sailors out there may have been shooting at flying fish."[71] The second attack led to retaliatory air strikes, prompted Congress to approve the Gulf of Tonkin Resolution, and gave the president power to conduct military operations in Southeast Asia without declaring war. In the same month, Johnson pledged that he was not "...committing American boys to fighting a war that I think ought to be fought by the boys of Asia to help protect their own land."[72]
In 2005, however, an NSA declassified report[70] revealed that there was no attack on 4 August. It had already been called into question long before this. "The Gulf of Tonkin incident," writes Louise Gerdes, "is an oft-cited example of the way in which Johnson misled the American people to gain support for his foreign policy in Vietnam."[73
Our Government started Vietnam, and our troops paid the price. Iraq, we went in looking for non-existent Weapons of Mass Destruction, and regime change, and our troops paid the price. They didn't attack us in 911. Should our troops really have to pay the ultimate price for unjust wars?

From my point of view, we helped to start the UN, and now we are stepping away from it, now we are leaving it behind. What ever happened to "United Nations"? Now it seems that there is the American way, or the highway. (Only sith deal with absolutes)

I mean, whatever happened to working together with other countries? Yes, we have the biggest military. "With great power comes great responsibility" and it seems that the US isn't being the most responsible.

All of us get our information from different sources, and it's really annoying how one source says one thing, and one source says the opposite....

On topic-ish:
I think that the flag is a little out there, but I can understand the attitude behind it. It's just depressing that our troops are out there dying for nothing...

just my $0.02
yay for fueling the flames.... now I'm going to go crawl back into my hole
People who have gone through Starfleet academy should be taught how to fix everything. Even a Roman aqueduct.
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Post by Roach412 »

i'm just sick and tired of everyone blaming the US for the world's problems. sure, we cause a lot of issues, but we're also the foremost leader in trying to fix everything in the world. nobody else will step to the plate...everyone else always says "why doesn't the US do it? they've got the best/most/whatever resources to do it. we're not going to do it unless they do."

it's disgusting. same with the UN - biggest joke of useless babble since the league of nations. if the US walked from the UN it would effectively dissolve and be just as must of a use as it was when it WAS the league of nations.

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Post by thomas_w_bowman »

The red in our flag IS for blood - Freedom is never 'free', but it's too bad we lose sight of the unwilling victims:
over 3000 died on 9/11
of them over 300 were Firefighters...

If we went there to fight for Oil - where's the Oil ? The only Oil that we need to fight for is right here in the USA. We are fighting to keep terrorists too busy to plan to strike the USA directly again - and that does appear to be working.
Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html]Join Folding team #: 33258[/url]
tedybear
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Post by tedybear »

thomas_w_bowman wrote:The red in our flag IS for blood - Freedom is never 'free', but it's too bad we lose sight of the unwilling victims:
over 3000 died on 9/11
of them over 300 were Firefighters...

If we went there to fight for Oil - where's the Oil ? The only Oil that we need to fight for is right here in the USA. We are fighting to keep terrorists too busy to plan to strike the USA directly again - and that does appear to be working.

That "War for Oil" is just a big propaganda line the anti-war nuts love to drag out.

Saddam didn't just break the terms of the cease fire he agreed to---he flipped 1/2 of the world the middle finger, and tried to bribe the other 1/2 to get the sanctions removed.

Some of these basement dwellers amaze me. Either all they see past their blinders is "Oil..." or "WMD's". It's like all those UN resolutions never happened?!?!?... Or the fact that looneybird was taking pot shots at our aircraft patrolling the no-fly zone....Bribing the crap out of the UN with oil-for-food nonsense... Or the Cease Fire agreement never existed??? And we just went in their for the thrill of it!

There is far far more that went on behind the scenes then anyone here will EVER know! But to just get stuck in that rut of "War for Oil"...."WMD's? Where?"... There was a laundry list of reasons to get that sadistic *** out of power.

S-