Peeve of the Day - First Volley - ASCII art(sic) handles

This is the place where all heated debates shall reside. Non-tech topics allowed. Personal attacks will not be tolerated. "Enter at your own Risk".

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby MoboCop » Wed Jun 19, 2002 1:21 pm

thanks! it is a kick.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby datektrader21 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:16 pm

im getting ready to buy and restore a triumph spitfire. when its done we shall see who is faster. a british racer or a german somthing or other.
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby MoboCop » Wed Jun 19, 2002 2:31 pm

I have had a triumph spitfire and they a loads of fun, in fact my family still has it although I think it is having the engine rebuilt right now.

I can tell you though from experience that I will leave you in my dust. The spitfire does not compare speedwise (unless you do something major to the engine). But it is a great fun car.

It is super low to the ground, corners incredibly, looks great, and is super easy to park in tight spaces (pull in nose first then just pick up the back end and slide it over).

Enjoy it.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby datektrader21 » Wed Jun 19, 2002 4:36 pm

I hope to have it by the end of July. I was thinking of a high performance head, port and polished of course. a turbo charger running maybe 8 pounds of boost. And of course a multi angled valve job. Along with some after market pistons [something to increase the compression ratio even more] and can't forget a nice exhaust system with a header. with all that i will probably nead some sort of 4bbl carb maybe 650 or 750 cfm

after that is done then there will be the body repair and interior along with a stereo. so when its all done you still think you can win?
Two muffins are baking in an oven. one muffin says to the other,"hey man its getting pretty hot in here" "Holy $%^!@#" the other muffin replys " A talking muffin!" MaximMAg
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby MoboCop » Wed Jun 19, 2002 11:46 pm

only one way to find out.
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby Tolemac » Fri Jun 21, 2002 9:20 pm

Getting back to the topic at hand :roll: ascii sucks as does leet. Just childish crap.

Just let me get ahold of another GTO and you guys will find the true meaning of "Eat my dust." :wink:
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Johnny Mnemonic » Sat Jun 22, 2002 5:17 pm

Don't make me take the tarp of my old 1967 Mustang. I'll go Steve McQueen on ur butt! :)
Johnny Mnemonic
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby datektrader21 » Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:06 am

Steve McQueen

:?: :?: :? :? :?: :?: who's that :?: :?:
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Porphyria » Sun Jun 23, 2002 8:46 am

Steve McQueen? Wasn't he in Bullitt? By the way, that movie has the best car chase scene of all time. Between the Dodge Charger and the 1968 Mustang Fastback through the streets of San Francisco? Greatness.
Kids in a fast lane living for today
No rules to abide by and no one to obey
ID This Quote
Porphyria
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby datektrader21 » Sun Jun 23, 2002 7:55 pm

I dunno they say the French connection has the best all time car chase. They also say the bourne identity car chase rivals the French connection.
datektrader21
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

PreviousNext

Return to The Hundred Year War