viewing my old posts

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

viewing my old posts

Postby Sabrewings » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:31 pm

I was wanting to look at some of my old posts, so I started looking back through them. The instant I went to page 2, I got a "no such posts matching your criteria" or something like that. All I can view is page 1. Anyone else get the same thing on mine or theirs?

Have I made too many and it can't handle it? :twisted:
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: viewing my old posts

Postby EmilyB » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:37 pm

Sabrewings wrote:Have I made too many and it can't handle it? :twisted:

Silly Sally :P

This is just a temporary glitch. Ive seen it but have never been able to reproduce it "on request" so I just put it aside. Ive just done a search on all your posts i.e. "Author = Sabrewings" and I can see them all just fine.
EmilyB

Postby snap355 » Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:35 pm

stop hacking your own posts :lol:
[url=http://www.motherboards.org/folding/index.html] Lend a hand and help with the folding project. Come join our 33258 team!

[/url]
snap355
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby Sabrewings » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:33 pm

Okay, it works when doing it through the "search" function, but going to my profile and clicking the "Find all posts by Sabrewings" link still does the same thing.

Oh well. No biggie.
Sabrewings
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:54 pm

Its been a common glitch in the phpBB software. Hopefully will be resolve with the release of 3.x
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby EmilyB » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:00 am

Sabrewings wrote:Okay, it works when doing it through the "search" function, but going to my profile and clicking the "Find all posts by Sabrewings" link still does the same thing.

Oh well. No biggie.

It must be specific to "our own profiles", because I just went into you profile and found all your posts just fine, without using the Search function at all.
EmilyB

Postby Toby B. » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:03 am

EmilyB wrote:
Sabrewings wrote:Okay, it works when doing it through the "search" function, but going to my profile and clicking the "Find all posts by Sabrewings" link still does the same thing.

Oh well. No biggie.

It must be specific to "our own profiles", because I just went into you profile and found all your posts just fine, without using the Search function at all.
Its actually different bits and pieces of the search function... Using "search" at the top of the page will encounter errors st times..
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby EmilyB » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:04 am

Toby B. wrote:
EmilyB wrote:

Oh well. No biggie.

Its actually different bits and pieces of the search function... Using "search" at the top of the page will encounter errors st times..

Thats true. Lets not forget the infamous "Forbidden" error 8O
EmilyB

Postby Toby B. » Tue Mar 29, 2005 12:20 am

EmilyB wrote:
Toby B. wrote:
EmilyB wrote:

Oh well. No biggie.

Thats true. Lets not forget the infamous "Forbidden" error 8O
I think that has something to do with the Apache2/PHP 5 bug more then a glitch with the phpBB software. The search "quirks" existed long before PHP5 was released IIRC...
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:10 am

this is another problem that phpbb makers will have to resolve.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors