Saw this posted on Stanford's folding forum

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Saw this posted on Stanford's folding forum

Postby Myth » Wed Dec 29, 2004 11:11 pm

I was wondering if this was an issue to mobo.org. Please ignore if it isn't something that needs to be worried about.

Stanford FAH Forum wrote: Blasted Worms ;)

Posted on 12-27-2004 03:27:43 pm by WW
Seems like some script kiddies have too much time on their hands - some of you have noticed issues with the site not allowing access due to the sessions table being full. This is due to the large numbers of guests - not REAL ones but those caused by one of the phpBB-worms going round. By the looks of things, most are caused by servers that have been compromised which in turn attack others.

Thanks to Bruce & Pythagoras/John I was informed about this. Ranges of IPs have been blocked to keep bandwidth usage in check for the time being. It is possible this will block genuine users as well at this point, but due to limited availability this seems like the only option.

If the situation continues to get worse we'll probably resort to disabling guest access or similar. My sincere apologies for this but it's the best we can do at the moment.

If you run phpBB predating 2.0.11 Please update it NOW. I happen to have a fair amount of bandwidth on this box so it's pretty much ok, but I know of others who have been hit hard financially.

All the best,

WW

I couldn't get on there a couple of days ago and thought mobo might need a heads up. If you are WAY ahead of me on this issue then I'm sorry for the post.
Myth
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Thu Dec 30, 2004 10:04 am

we are running 2.011. You can check the version at the bottom of every page.

Thanks for the heads up.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors