Outages? Posting times shifted.

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Outages? Posting times shifted.

Postby Wookie8662 » Fri Feb 13, 2004 11:05 pm

Forums been hit and miss tonight for me.
You "guys" must be sitting on the pwoer cord again. :wink:

Posting times see shifted tonight.

I replied to a thread that had no replies.
My reply was posted first, at the top of the thread, and it made me the author of the thread.
Wookie8662
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby CDBurner » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:17 am

The forum was down a few hours ago for me, too. Obviously, it's back up now.

I also have been noticing that my postings in threads seem to list the exact same time as it says on my computer's clock (which is unusual, as the forum clock is usually a few hours off, even when I have the correct time zone selected). Unfortunately, this time is sometimes earlier than the time listed for other posts in the thread, so my post isn't last. For example, in this thread, I posted after Southwind and Triggerhappy, but my post somehow is above theirs in the list.
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby evasive » Sat Feb 14, 2004 12:38 am

I just posted a message which ended up with a posting time of 9:36. The last post in the thread was made at 9:45 so I messed the thread slightly. I see Mobocop is already online, so take my word for it he's working his behind off to get this fixed.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Sat Feb 14, 2004 4:08 am

well we upgraded some major software on the server this evening and I expect that is what caused the times issues. I would expect aftera buffer period all the posts will be posting in the correct order. If not let me know. I will dig into it.

ah the joy!
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby CDBurner » Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:19 am

I notice that now, the time listed on my posts is correct for my time zone! :D
CDBurner
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby darthmarlan » Sat Feb 14, 2004 6:05 pm

Yeah I made a post last night...went away to do some other stuff, came back quite a while later to answer a reply made to a post of mine, and was told that I couldn't post message as it was too close a space of time to my previous post... anyway I hit the back button, and tried again a few minutes later and it worked then.... :?
darthmarlan
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to Forum Problems/Errors