When people reply to my threads I don´t get an email

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

When people reply to my threads I don´t get an email

Postby jimdaworm » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:27 pm

When people reply to my threads I don´t get an email. I have the option selected in my profile... but I only recieved a couple of messages when someone send me a personal message.

How can I get this to work??

Adam
jimdaworm
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby jimdaworm » Tue Jan 13, 2004 7:34 pm

after reading a below link I am going to give that fix a go and see what happens :D

Adam
jimdaworm
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby jimdaworm » Wed Jan 14, 2004 6:40 pm

That fixed it.... but now it seems to have stopped again :(
jimdaworm
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Toby B. » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:06 am

The option to be notified when replies to your thread (or a thread you are involved in) are made, has to be enabled in your profile. Also when posting; there are four options below the text box - make sure that you have "Notify me when a reply is made" checked off (i.e. check mark in that box)

Also when you get an email for the response, be sure that you are clicking the correct link. The first link opens to the new post in the thread. The second link in the email is for "stop watching this thread".
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby jimdaworm » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:40 am

Thanks Toby B. it seems that its working again :?:
Anyway I will make sure that I watch out for those things you have pointed out!

Thanks Alot
Adam
jimdaworm
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby MoboCop » Tue Feb 17, 2004 12:31 am

just so everyone is clear on this.

If you get an email about a reply and DO NOT click on the link to view the message YOU WILL NOT receive addtional emails when more replies are made.

Here is the portion of the email you recieve it explains why you stopped getting replies. because you most likely did not click the link. You flipped over and browsed to it.

--------------------------------------

You can use the following link to view the replies made, no more notifications will be sent until you visit the topic.

--------------------------------------------------------
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors