polls disappear after editing first post of poll

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

polls disappear after editing first post of poll

Postby len444 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 12:23 am

i posted polls today, and noticed that they would disappear after posting. i then remembered that i had gone back to the first post to edit something, and tried this out in the test forum. i created a 3 option poll, and then afterwards went back to edit the first post. when the edit button is selected, this pulls up a non poll page, and when submitted, it superscedes the poll. the first post should be linked to the poll, and when the edit button is selected, the poll options should show up as well. anyway, this is a problem w/ the phpbb coding.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Tulatin » Wed Oct 08, 2003 3:38 pm

It's been known to happen before too... is there a workaround?
Tulatin
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby len444 » Wed Oct 08, 2003 6:28 pm

the poll poster must not edit the first post, or it will remove the poll. selecting the edit button on the first post brings up a regular edit page, but because there is a poll present, the first post is tied to the poll. editting the first post will wipe the poll out. so the general "work around" right now, is don't edit the first post! it really should be looked into, and some kind of a coding change implemented. not sure how tough that would be to accomplish though. probably the slightest error, or ommission is behind it.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Return to Forum Problems/Errors