Popup Ad

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Popup Ad

Postby HH » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:39 am

I got a popup ad from QuestionMarket.com, (a survey asking for my e-mail address), when I closed my browser window after reading the thread in the link below. I just thought I'd bring it to someone's attention in case it's not supposed to happen. :wink:

http://www.motherboards.org/forums/view ... hp?t=32096

I deleted the cookie & have been trying to see if I get it again but haven't yet.
(Still) Happy Hillbilly
2361 actual posts
HH
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Toby B. » Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:56 am

MoboCop wrote:sorry, it is temporary, I am running out of room on the site for ads...

With the more activity this site sees, the expenses go up. And since this is not a paysite revenue to keep the site going must be generated from ads, popup/under or otherwise.

Just to put it into perspective a bit motherboards.org uses roughly 600+ gigabytes of bandwidth a month. I can just imagine the costs of that let alone the domain name and hosting costs.
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby HH » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:28 am

Thanks for the insight, Toby. :wink:

Like I said, I just wanted to let someone know in case it wasn't supposed to be there. Single popups from sites don't bother me. It's when you get 3 or more back-to back, in an aggressive pattern, that really gets annoying.

....motherboards.org uses roughly 600+ gigabytes of bandwidth a month. I can just imagine the costs of that let alone the domain name and hosting costs.

8O Yeah, I can only imagine.

It hasn't happened again & I've opened & closed several times since. 8) :wink:
(Still) Happy Hillbilly
2361 actual posts
HH
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Toby B. » Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:33 am

It hasn't happened again & I've opened & closed several times since.
You will see it again, I can assure you. I have already seen it 5 or 6 times the few hours I have been on this morning...
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby MoboCop » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:13 pm

This is tied in somehow with the AMD campaign. I am trying to figure out how they slipped it in on me and whether I can get them to pull it. I dont do popups anymore.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby HH » Tue Sep 30, 2003 7:50 pm

Hey MoboCop!

I've only seen it that one time so maybe they pulled it. At least it's not aggressive. :wink:
(Still) Happy Hillbilly
2361 actual posts
HH
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to Forum Problems/Errors