errors in reviews

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

errors in reviews

Postby len444 » Mon Aug 25, 2003 11:30 am

i catch some errors and e-mail mobocop about it. sometimes the errors are changed, sometimes they are left as is. might be some office tension- or i won't let him control me, by correcting it as he wants (who's this guy telling me what to do?). i'm really just trying to be helpful. these guys should know what they are doing, but check this out and see if you see anything wrong:

I tried various different memory configurations, sticking in a modem, a Creative Audigy 2 and finally an inline Promise Rocket RAID card and the system ran clean of problems with these add ins.

http://www.motherboards.org/articlesd/m ... 263_4.html

i notice that this error wasn't corrected. there was an epox review on www.gamepyre.com that (whatever- i edited this, felt i was too harsh).
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby Toby B. » Sun Aug 31, 2003 10:31 pm

PM or email Doc Overclock. I have caught a couple of things and let him know and they were fixed within a 24 hours.
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby len444 » Mon Sep 01, 2003 1:40 am

Toby B. wrote:PM or email Doc Overclock. I have caught a couple of things and let him know and they were fixed within a 24 hours.

i've been e-mailing MoboCop regarding the content in reviews. sometimes the errors are fixed, other times they are not. not really sure how things are handled.

i suppose the objective is to get things corrected w/ o going to the forum like this here. this is a scene- something i'm not into.

i'll PM DOC, or you in the future. perhaps they listen to you (in the fold) better than myself.

review still has the error:
I tried various different memory configurations, sticking in a modem, a Creative Audigy 2 and finally an inline Promise Rocket RAID card and the system ran clean of problems with these add ins.

promise has fast trak, and super trak raid, and high point has rocket raid.

Toby, i think that you should handle this one though.

edit:
i sent an e- mail to DocOverclock regarding this matter.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Mon Sep 01, 2003 5:50 pm

Dont jump to conclusions. I recommend that you email the AUTHOR of the piece with the errors.

You would be sick at the amount of garbage email I have to wade through. Sometimes I miss things that are not actual refuse.

It has nothing to do with you or any politics...(the fact that sometimes your corrections were fixed and sometimes they were not).
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Postby len444 » Tue Sep 02, 2003 9:21 am

ok, i'll e-mail the author in the future.
len444
Black Belt 3rd Degree
Black Belt 3rd Degree

Postby MoboCop » Tue Sep 02, 2003 2:04 pm

ok, thanks. Doc, got the message and the change should be up shortly.
Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted - Albert Einstien
MoboCop
Drunken Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors