Web Site time?

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Web Site time?

Postby jcn » Tue Jun 17, 2003 1:23 pm

Hi everyone, Image

I am in the UK, and at this time of year, we are on BST (British Summer Time) which is GMT +1. In this site set up, I have set the time zone to GMT +1, and the time shown on the web site is ahed and in error by about 5 hour and 15 mins, allowing for a slow dial up link. And it says: 'All times are GMT + 1 Hour'?
As I am new here, and don't know how this works, I assume the administrators have an offset to offset the server time to GMT, and then the members can set to there own timezone. I understand that DST changes through the world makes this complicated, especially when server DST is changed, but this could be corrected twice a year. Can someone explain how this works and why my time shown is so wrong.

As a test, I will hit the go button at 17:40 BST, (16:40 GMT) so you can compere this with posting time.
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ This link shows the time now in GMT, look at the bottom of the table.
jcn
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby evasive » Tue Jun 17, 2003 2:18 pm

This has been brought up time and time again. It is a quirk in the BBS software and no fix yet.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby jcn » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:18 pm

evasive wrote:This has been brought up time and time again. It is a quirk in the BBS software and no fix yet.

Thanks evasive, as I am new here, I didn't know that.

brought up time and time again, Image
jcn
Green Belt
Green Belt

Postby evasive » Tue Jun 17, 2003 5:23 pm

:wink:
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Pette Broad » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:24 am

Is it not possible to link up to an Atomic Clock using some Freeware? Or has that been tried?

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby evasive » Wed Aug 20, 2003 3:37 am

Bug in the software. It's perfectly possible the time on the server itself is OK, it just is shown wrong on the BBS.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors