Forum Migration Status

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Forum Migration Status

Postby Matt Whitlock » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:45 am

Hello all,

I just wanted to let you all know that the migration to our new web servers is complete. Some of you may still get pages served from the old webserver until DNS propagates fully. That usually takes less than 48 hours. If the forum 'feels' a heck of a lot faster for you, then you're probably already being served from our new hardware.

No posts or messages should have been lost during the migration process.

This change should also lay to rest the problems we've had with unplanned/unexpected downtime over the past few months. Thank you to all for your patience and understanding.

More upgrades are coming, too.

The motherboards.org forum software will be getting an upgrade to a significantly newer version of phpbb, which will bring many new features and enhancements for all of you.

Next, we'll begin working on a new skin for the forum that hopefully helps give it a more modern feel. We'll make it selectable from the user profile when it's good enough to preview and collect feedback.

I hate spam more than anyone, so expect the spam fighting tools here to get an upgrade. I'll be working with the moderation staff to put the right tools in place to fight off junk users and spam.

And these are only the beginning. Lots more to come.
Matt Whitlock
Site Staff

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Feb 20, 2014 7:13 am

Welcome news!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Tue Mar 04, 2014 9:47 pm

:D finally...we get some REAL tools to work with.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors