Motherboards.org.site

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Motherboards.org.site

Postby Pette Broad » Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:42 pm

This is odd, everytime I load the site up then I'm seeing very small font sizes right through from the mobo.org page to the forums. Not seeing this on any other site and it only started today. The mobo.org front page, the one with the reviews is unreadable as the letters are broken up and shrunk right down. The forum is not too bad, just about readable. I'm using a 24" monitor running at 1920 x 1200 and all of my other apps are working fine. I'll post a pic soon.

Pete

Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby evasive » Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:38 pm

is this in all browsers, not just chrome?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:09 pm

looks fine to me here, but I don't full-screen my browser, either.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Pette Broad » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:29 am

evasive wrote:is this in all browsers, not just chrome?

Well that's weird, I tried it with IE 6, the only other browser on this machine and the page won't load at all....I can't get the cached version loaded either. I only use IE for one specific site but I tried a number of sites like BBC News, Sky News and they load fine both with IE and Chrome. I updated Chrome but the font size is still way too small.

looks fine to me here, but I don't full-screen my browser, either.

I do have it full screen, photobucket has scaled it down for some reason.

After a bit of experimentation here's what I'm seeing, IE6 page won't load (on a few computers), IE7 on my wife's laptop, loads O.K, looks normal, Google Chrome, still small fonts. I forgot that I have AOL 9.0 on this computer and going through that to the mobo.org site is fine. Seems the problem is with Chrome. I'll take a look at the settings next

EDIT, Using the Zoom feature on Chrome fixes it.

Pete
Pette Broad
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:00 am

The home page isn't set up for widescreen, that would be way, way too much work to scale everything to all the different screen resos. Technically, I still run mine in 1240/1080, so I can see several windows at one time, and it looks fine there. The forum itself can scale, since it's technically one image wide, instead of what, six?
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors