Tech Support Forum error...

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Tech Support Forum error...

Postby Mr T » Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:33 am

Could not obtain topic information

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 3 Error writing file '/var/tmp/MYEkbH3G' (Errcode: 28)

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts p2, phpbb_users u2 WHERE t.forum_id = 3 AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id AND t.topic_type <> 2 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 20

Line : 328
File : viewforum.php
Keep getting this error when trying to get onto the tech support forum.... What gives???
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby thomas_w_bowman » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:27 am

Worked for me when I first tried, but later I also got:

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 3 Error writing file '/var/tmp/MYlVnvYd' (Errcode: 28)

SELECT t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u2.username as user2, u2.user_id as id2, p.post_username, p2.post_username AS post_username2, p2.post_time FROM phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts p2, phpbb_users u2 WHERE t.forum_id = 3 AND t.topic_poster = u.user_id AND p.post_id = t.topic_first_post_id AND p2.post_id = t.topic_last_post_id AND u2.user_id = p2.poster_id AND t.topic_type <> 2 ORDER BY t.topic_type DESC, t.topic_last_post_id DESC LIMIT 0, 20

Better living thru technology...
"Open the Pod Bay Doors, HAL..."
Join Folding team #: 33258
thomas_w_bowman
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:56 am

Getting the same thing, I got in long enough to answer one post, then couldn't get back in. About 2am or so EST, the entire site went haywire, Jeremy's apparently redoing the site for the new sponsor setup. That usually involves a ton of work and debugging.
Faster than the speed of snot

Two wrongs don't make it right, but I sleep pretty good at night
fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:08 am

Nope, no problem here. Clean your browser cache.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:23 am

No dice, does the same after clearing cache, using FF, Opera and IE8 on Ubuntu, XP and Vista....
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Jul 07, 2010 10:39 am

Tried that as well. It's randomly coming and going. Odd that it's just that one section, but it happens. Put a comma in the wrong place in one part of the DB, it'll wind up causing a problem somewhere completely different.

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Copper » Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:21 pm

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 3 Error writing file '/var/tmp/MYfxbPyP' (Errcode: 28)

"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby evasive » Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:25 pm

fire some PMs towards Doc. Usually does the trick.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:12 pm

Getting the same result, can't access the Tech Help sector.
DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 3 Error writing file '/var/tmp/MYlbws2r' (Errcode: 28)

And yet I was able to reply to one post I had an Email reminder of, and can revisit that posting, but nothing else.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby fussnfeathers » Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:36 pm

Searh by post isn't working now, that's how I got in to make my last post in Tech Support, searching my own post there. Now I get this:

Could not obtain search results

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 126 Incorrect key file for table '/var/tmp/#sql_3a7_0.MYI'; try to repair it

SELECT pt.post_text, pt.bbcode_uid, pt.post_subject, p.*, f.forum_id, f.forum_name, t.*, u.username, u.user_id, u.user_sig, u.user_sig_bbcode_uid FROM phpbb_forums f, phpbb_topics t, phpbb_users u, phpbb_posts p, phpbb_posts_text pt WHERE p.post_id IN

(long string of numbers, references every post I've ever made)

AND pt.post_id = p.post_id AND f.forum_id = p.forum_id AND p.topic_id = t.topic_id AND p.poster_id = u.user_id ORDER BY p.post_time DESC LIMIT 0, 10

Line : 787
File : search.php

fussnfeathers
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Next

Return to Forum Problems/Errors