Any formatting changes to the forums lately?

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Any formatting changes to the forums lately?

Postby videobruce » Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:28 am

The last few days I noticed, instead of the pages occuplying the whole screen width, now they are only on the left side. Less than 1/2 of the width of the page. The rest of the screen is dark blue.

The individual posts are ok, it's the new posts and the sub forum screens that are affected.

Has there been any changes in the coding of the forums?
When not in use, turn off the juice.
Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill
videobruce
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby greytrains » Thu Oct 23, 2008 11:59 am

This is being caused by Firefox 3.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby videobruce » Thu Oct 23, 2008 7:09 pm

The only thing is I use Opera. Both browsers are wrong??

I just validated this page through W3C and it returned: 25 Errors & 127 warnings. Looks like some housekeeping is in order.
Think of someone else instead of just yourself. There is far more to it than your utility bill
videobruce
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Postby greytrains » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:15 pm

I will pass this on and let you know what I find out.
"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)

"A government big enough to give you everything you want is a government big enough to take from you everything you have."
Gerald Ford (1913 - 2006)
greytrains
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:41 am

Has something to do with auto-resizing of the screen image. I also have that problem, when text does not cover a full screen line. Couldn't find any solutions. Likely not a problem with our site. Using FF 3.0.3 version.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby videobruce » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:48 am

Here is the site;
http://validator.w3.org/

Here is the other one, but it isn't as strick (it has a limitation on the number of errors it will report and this site gets maxed out);
http://www.htmlhelp.com/tools/validator/
videobruce
Anti-Static Strap
Anti-Static Strap

Return to Forum Problems/Errors