Cant access forums: Adobe activex problem

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Cant access forums: Adobe activex problem

Postby walwal » Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:37 pm

Cant get on the forums from the home page. Get an error "WIE has encountered a problem" and exits IE. Its Adobe flashplayer addon 9e I think. Had to d/l this when first clicked on forums on the home page. Shouldnt be a problem. Reputable company etc. Tried some software from microsoft supposed to help with installation problems but no change.
Got on here from a strange link to a motherboard review ie not the usual google link to the home page. Anyone else had this problem or is it just me? Think its now causing the same problem to other sites when no problem before.
Might it be a motherboards.org thing or am I missing something obvious? WXpsp2 with all latest updates.
Might be nothing. Ive been in hospital and not logged on for months.
Like to get it sorted or a working link to the home page please.
walwal
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby evasive » Sun Feb 17, 2008 10:31 pm

It might be the Adobe ActiveX plug-in, I think it's best to remove that and get a fresh one at the adobe website. As for Adobe being reputable, that is until you actually try to rollout their software on a slightly larger scale. You'll find they have their own set of bugs in their software. Just like any other company out there...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby walwal » Tue Feb 19, 2008 6:43 pm

Just got back on the board. No reason why. Been uninstalling/reinstalling over 20 times. Also turn on/off add ons. Tried the microsoft fix and that did nothing either. The internet seems full of the same problem. Conclusion: its an Adobe problem as you say and not this site. Lets hope it stays this way.
In case I forget. Its Tools>manage add-ons > enable or disable add-ons and click disable Adobe flash and reboot.
walwal
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby evasive » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:18 am

Ever since Adobe took over Macromedia the quality of the former Macromedia products has really plummeted. I'd call it the Symantec-effect to make things more clear...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to Forum Problems/Errors