login issue using Firefox

Please post here with problems or errors you receive while using the forums. This is not for hardware tech support. If you are having problems logging in or registering please post here (you can post as guest - post the username you are having issues with - DO NOT POST YOUR PASSWORD)

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby hunter1801 » Fri Oct 19, 2007 11:21 am

Still haven't resolved this issue by the way. Doesn't log in on first try a lot of the times. When that happens, it marks all the threads as viewed, so I can't see which ones have new posts.

Anyone know what is wrong with this? Its already past the point of really annoying.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Oct 19, 2007 2:45 pm

Did you delete all the cookies related to the site in FF? FF will allow viewing/editing/deletion of cookies, URLs and passwords.. where IE will not!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master
 
Posts: 20673
Joined: Wed Nov 12, 2003 11:57 am
Location: 07438

Postby Daft Ada » Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:00 pm

Karlsweldt wrote:FF will allow viewing/editing/deletion of cookies, URLs and passwords.. where IE will not!


Nonsense! In IE it can all be viewed and deleted too.

I would suggest if it's only a problem for a few users then it's not on the side of the website but those users. Maybe reinstall FF.
Daft Ada
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:03 am

Postby hunter1801 » Sat Oct 20, 2007 2:40 pm

Well I already went through all this before but here it is again:

Not just a problem with FF. Also doesn't work on IE sometimes.
Cleared all cookies/temp files (I do this regularly anyways).
Used CCleaner
No Firewall is on
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: Orange County, California

Postby OldPhatDad » Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:06 pm

Daft Ada wrote:
I would suggest if it's only a problem for a few users then it's not on the side of the website but those users. Maybe reinstall FF.


I disagree. I've tried all the suggestions on this thread as well and still have issues with logging on. I can log on for about a day, then cannot log in for around 2 days. This is the only site I have troubles with when using FF. I have no issues logging on here with Opera and even tried IE and have no issues, but FF (my preferred browser) is fickle at best.
Antec Nine Hundred
Intel C2D E6750 @ 3.6 Ghz
Gigabyte P35 DS3L
Mushkin Redlines 2 x2GB kit
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 896 MB
WD 250 GB SATA2
Seagate 160 GB SATA
WD 500 GB SATA2
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
PC P&C Silencer 750W
Windows XP SP3
OldPhatDad
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: Some backwater in the Orion Arm

Postby Daft Ada » Sun Oct 21, 2007 6:18 am

OldPhatDad wrote:
Daft Ada wrote:
I would suggest if it's only a problem for a few users then it's not on the side of the website but those users. Maybe reinstall FF.


I disagree. I've tried all the suggestions on this thread as well and still have issues with logging on. I can log on for about a day, then cannot log in for around 2 days. This is the only site I have troubles with when using FF. I have no issues logging on here with Opera and even tried IE and have no issues, but FF (my preferred browser) is fickle at best.


Please feel free to disagree :) I was just making a suggestion, rightly or wrongly. My basis is purely on the fact that not everyone with FF (I can use it, but I prefer IE) has a problem and not everyone with IE has a problem. So it seems to be an issue with some users and not others, hence my suggestion.

I would have thought if the site was fundamentally flawed, then we would all have the same problem, but maybe I'm wrong.
Daft Ada
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree
 
Posts: 1358
Joined: Sun Nov 12, 2006 11:03 am

Postby hunter1801 » Sun Oct 21, 2007 2:26 pm

This is the only site that does this to me also. If multiple people are having this problem, and it is only for THIS site, then I would think it is a problem with the site.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: Orange County, California

Postby Copper » Sun Oct 21, 2007 4:24 pm

hunter1801 wrote:This is the only site that does this to me also. If multiple people are having this problem, and it is only for THIS site, then I would think it is a problem with the site.


this site is being update, i use IE and have suffered some small problems logging or post taking there time to register. it will take a little while for the bugs to be sorted
"Only two thing are infinite, the universe and human stupidity,and Im not sure about the former." Albert Einstein (1879 - 1955)
Copper
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree
 
Posts: 8640
Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 12:38 pm
Location: Midlands UK

Postby OldPhatDad » Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:02 am

Daft Ada wrote:
Please feel free to disagree :) I was just making a suggestion, rightly or wrongly. My basis is purely on the fact that not everyone with FF (I can use it, but I prefer IE) has a problem and not everyone with IE has a problem. So it seems to be an issue with some users and not others, hence my suggestion.

I would have thought if the site was fundamentally flawed, then we would all have the same problem, but maybe I'm wrong.


No problem. I understand what you're thinking, but I do think it's the website in this case. If it were me or the FF browser, I have to think I'd have troubles with other sites as well, but I don't.

Anyway, it's annoying, but since I can log in with another browser if I need to, there's no real harm done. :D
Antec Nine Hundred
Intel C2D E6750 @ 3.6 Ghz
Gigabyte P35 DS3L
Mushkin Redlines 2 x2GB kit
EVGA GTX 260 Core 216 896 MB
WD 250 GB SATA2
Seagate 160 GB SATA
WD 500 GB SATA2
Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme
PC P&C Silencer 750W
Windows XP SP3
OldPhatDad
Black Belt
Black Belt
 
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:12 pm
Location: Some backwater in the Orion Arm

Postby hunter1801 » Wed Dec 05, 2007 2:21 pm

.....Is this being looked into at all? The problem literally happens every time I come to the site.

I never stay logged in. When I do log in, it doesn't work the first time. Have to log in twice for it to work, and when I get logged in, all the new post markers are reset.
hunter1801
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree
 
Posts: 1958
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:59 pm
Location: Orange County, California

PreviousNext

Return to Forum Problems/Errors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest