Newegg...

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Newegg...

Postby ethan » Sat Apr 15, 2006 7:30 am

I bought a video card from newegg and it arrived DOA. They did replace it, but I had to pay for shipping. I was then reading reviews on Newegg and it seems like receiving parts DOA was a common occurence. I'm not sure if that goes for video cards only, or other hardware as well.

So, I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a common occurence specific to newegg, video cards, or to all computer hardware in general. If this is just a newegg thing, where do you recommend shopping for parts?
ethan
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:34 am

It isn't the fault of NewEgg that a product was DOA when you got it. If the product was sealed when they got it, it should have been fully functional. They have to negotiate with their distributor to get a rebursement for it. Not all stores/companies will honor a no-fee return on DOA merchandise. Some will, if their volume is large, and you are a good repeat customer.
Talk to the CSR at NewEgg. You may have the charges rescinded, or get a coupon to offest them for your next purchase. They do have the lowest shipping charges compared to other outlets.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby DAVE1 » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:39 am

Send them an email they may pay for it...Newegg does alot to keep there customers happy.
Join team 33258 today!!
DAVE1
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mark H » Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:32 pm

I have been buying from Newegg for a couple of years, and have never had a problem with them. I HAVE however had 2 Antec power supplies that are not up to Antec standards (low +5 & +12v). Waiting on the third......

Through all this, Newegg has been great.
I have a photographic memory, only problem is, I ran out of film.
Mark H
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Re: Newegg...

Postby scottla » Sat Apr 15, 2006 2:35 pm

ethan700 wrote:So, I was wondering if anyone knew if this was a common occurence specific to newegg, video cards, or to all computer hardware in general.

DOA is what you get when you try and manufacture microelectronics for the consumer market. In general, it works great, but at times, in search of that last extra penny in cost savings, a corner gets cut somewhere.

There's not a manufacturer in the market that's not have a failed batch or two. It's just part of the business.

As for NewEgg, I've found them to be the best of the lot or at least on par with the top retailers in terms of price, availability and policies. I've had a tangle or two, but NE has always come around and fixed my concerns promptly and in a fashion that keeps me coming back (and also making posts like this).
scottla
Black Belt 1st Degree
Black Belt 1st Degree

Postby Tramontane » Sat Apr 15, 2006 5:30 pm

i resent the shiping back too
but then i agree they still have to get their money
and they still pay to ship it back to you.
its the pitfall of doing buisness on the web

new egg is the greatest

i suppose a good anology that is comparable
is that of a traditional brick and mortar store,
would you expect them to pay your gas
to and from the store?
more than once i have wished i could do just that.

one store i use is three hours away from me so
i usally dont make a trip unless
i happen to be passing through

truly if you compare the cost you pay for the stuff you get esp if you are not in a state where they operate a physical presence [no sales tax]
you are still way ahead of the game with new egg.
Tramontane
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby profofpcs » Sat Apr 15, 2006 9:56 pm

well i dont know what you could have caught them in a lie about, but they have always treated me with the utmost respect as a customer and gave me almost anything i could want within reason. only had 2 problems with them, and both were resolved to my satisfaction.

depression is just anger without the enthusiasm
anger is just danger without the "d"
profofpcs
Black Belt 5th Degree
Black Belt 5th Degree

Postby c327 » Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:05 am

When you were told by Newegg that you had to pay to ship the defective item back, you should not have excepted that. If you had made an issue of having to pay to ship this back they would have sent you a call tag at no cost to you.

Newegg the company is generally good, but some times things happen.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Next

Return to General