Toley, does your case have that swinging door?

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Toley, does your case have that swinging door?

Postby Flyin » Sat May 25, 2002 11:09 am

If so, how hard is it to take it off, and does it look tacky when it's off? I tried looking closely at the pics and it looked like it was hanging on by 2 plastic teeth. Perhaps the only thing that will show is the tiny holes where the teeth were?
Flyin
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Tolemac » Sat May 25, 2002 11:56 am

Yes it does have the door, but I haven't tried taking it off so I don't know what it looks like without it.
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Tolemac » Sat May 25, 2002 12:00 pm

BTW, what did you think of the case that I found with the plexiglass side?
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Flyin » Sat May 25, 2002 4:19 pm

I really loved the color, and the window wasn't bad at all. But since that post I've been all over mod sites reading How-To's and Guides and Articles, and I've decided I'm gonna get the $39 Cheiftec and paint it, put in my own window with a nice black liner(that case just bolted the window in), and proceed to mod the hell out of it :twisted: Hope I don't muck it up :P
Flyin
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Tolemac » Sat May 25, 2002 7:13 pm

Ok, I just took off the door to my case and it was dead easy. It has two pins coming from the case itself to the door. The bottom pin goes inside a hole in the bottom of the case door, and the top pin gets pushed through a small slot at the top of the door and is help by a groove.
It looks the same as it looks with the door open, only the doors removed. Not bad, not great.
You'll just have to show us your handy work once you've completed the case mod! 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Flyin » Sat May 25, 2002 10:05 pm

I did get to see a pic with a door off somewhere or other. I doesn't look fabtasticularsome, so I'll prolly just keep the door. Can't wait to show you all the finished product! Look for it this coming August! :wink:
Flyin
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to General