Soyo P4S Dead Board??

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Soyo P4S Dead Board??

Postby DeckSmith » Thu May 23, 2002 5:58 am

I just installed a new Soyo P4S and powered on. I get one long beep and two short beeps, no video. I have switched AGP video cards around and have verified that the cards are good. The board is from Newegg.

This is the second time this has happened to me. Last month I had the same thing happen with a Soyo P4S that I installed in diffrent box. It was from Fry's and they exchanged it and the new one worked fine.

Am I just one lucky guy or is there something else going on?

Video card is ATI Radeon 7500.
DeckSmith
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Tolemac » Thu May 23, 2002 8:53 am

Welcome to the Mother Board!

You want to make very sure that the video card is fully seated in it's slot. Even a little of the card can be out and it will give this beep code. Check all of your connections while you're at it. Some boards are more particular than others which is a good thing, but can be frustrating if everything is not installed perfectly. 8)
Tolemac
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Thanks

Postby DeckSmith » Fri May 24, 2002 10:45 am

I don't think it is a card seating problem. The AGP slot does require much insertion force. I've requested a RMA from newegg. I am not usually so lucky as to get one of only 1 bad board per 100(?) twice.

Since the odds are probably over 10,000 to one I was thinking this might be something else, more common, like ingorance.
DeckSmith
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

OPPS!

Postby DeckSmith » Fri May 24, 2002 10:46 am

I meant to say that the card does NOT require much insertion force.
DeckSmith
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Return to General