The Mother Board

Motherboards.org forums. Free tech support, motherboard ID, and more.
It is currently Sat Nov 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Post subject: Re: AST Computer Archive
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 8:04 am 
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

That is correct. I have contacted Intelisol, however they have lost all information for AST Computers LLC. They did have information and backups for equipment manufactured by AST Research Inc. They even had restore CDs and other media for AST Research Inc, but they sent it to someone in Europe and he is not getting back to me to help me with my goal and has not done anything productive with all of the items Intelisol has sent to him. I hope to eventually revive the ARI Service domain and take it under my control and post both information for AST Research Inc and AST Computers LLC as a two part website. I will be still mainly focusing on AST Computers LLC as usual. Now for the model numbers, they are generic and even though they are listed on that page, those might have not been manufactured or sold under that model name and number. After all, the CEO was Beny Alagem who used to be the old CEO of Packard Bell and they were notorious for making random model names and numbers. The only way to identify the machines were via mainly the motherboard and the other hardware and to go from there. Usually in the case of AST Computers LLC, the name is the series of machine and the number was to specify the speed of the processor, but that was also confusion since for example, the Bravo 300 minitower has a 500MHz Intel Pentium III processor. Like I said before, there is a huge lack of information on this company and computers that I want to figure out and solve and to get as well as archive. At this point, I am contacting places and people in UK and other random places and people in the USA to find those CDs and machines. Finding the machines are easier than the AST Recovery CDs at this point. I hope to get them in my possession soon as I have been putting a lot of effort into this project.