Animations

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Animations

Post by c327 »

On my Windows XP Pro laptop I have a few animated avatars that are funny. I now have these animations stored on my Windows 10 Pro laptop. I can insert these animations in an email message body but they won't animate? Why ?????

Thanks all
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Re: Animations

Post by evasive »

https://litmus.com/blog/a-guide-to-anim ... s-in-email
DRAWBACKS OF USING A GIF
As great as animated GIFs are, there are a few drawbacks with including them in email campaigns.

SUPPORT
First, not every email client supports animated GIFs. Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 won’t show the animation. Instead, they will show the first frame. To overcome this, many email designers ensure that vital information—perhaps a call-to-action, offer, or headline—is included in the first frame of the GIF.
So I suspect on XP you are using a different email cleint...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Post by c327 »

evasive wrote:https://litmus.com/blog/a-guide-to-anim ... s-in-email
DRAWBACKS OF USING A GIF
As great as animated GIFs are, there are a few drawbacks with including them in email campaigns.

SUPPORT
First, not every email client supports animated GIFs. Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 won’t show the animation. Instead, they will show the first frame. To overcome this, many email designers ensure that vital information—perhaps a call-to-action, offer, or headline—is included in the first frame of the GIF.
So I suspect on XP you are using a different email cleint...
I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit. This PC has quite a few animations in a folder that were first created on my XP Pro 32 bit machine that was moved to the W10 computer. For email I am using Outlook 2016 configured to use gmail. I can import the animated GIF from my folder and and put it in an email but it won't animate?
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by evasive »

First, not every email client supports animated GIFs. Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 won’t show the animation.
I'm expecting Outlook 2016 has the same problem.
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Post by c327 »

evasive wrote:
First, not every email client supports animated GIFs. Outlook 2007, 2010 and 2013 won’t show the animation.
I'm expecting Outlook 2016 has the same problem.
Interesting, thank you.... Would that also apply to Outlook Express because that is where it worked at one time with my XP computer.
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Post by evasive »

Outlook Express is a totally different application and it may well be that one actually did work with animations.

Alas, Outlook Express is no more. There's Microsoft "Mail" that is included with the OS. I haven't checked if that does work with animation.