Issues from improper PCI seating?

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Issues from improper PCI seating?

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Oct 05, 2016 4:03 pm

Only our Administrators have control over member partial or full Forum use.
Will have to PM one and see what can be done.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby LakaWaka » Thu Oct 06, 2016 9:15 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Only our Administrators have control over member partial or full Forum use.
Will have to PM one and see what can be done.

Thanks a lot. I want to send you a link, but it's hard if I cannot PM... :(. Also, any comments about the first of my double posts? Not sure if that one got skipped, but still a bit upset I dropped my sound card... I'm going to plug it back in, and hope all is fine... :).

Thanks for everything.
LakaWaka
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Oct 06, 2016 3:32 pm

Don't worry about a double posting. Happens sometimes, due to a software or ISP glitch.
Intentional double posting is a different matter that is frowned on.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby LakaWaka » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:23 pm

The issue is that I cannot edit and I need to post something else, so it gets a double post... I wish that posts could get merged though, because I don't want to double post... And even if I Have a post, and have t oedit it, it needs moderator approval again, and I don't know if you have seen the post.. (which is why I would like to get approved to post without approval so I can edit and do other normal user things :) ).

Anyways, I don't think anything happened ot the card. I put it back in it's original slot, and it's working well now. I think I figured out which contacts were shorting out, and everything is working great now!

Sad I dropped it though... What's the worst you think could happen from a drop on to carpet? Static? Cap burst?
LakaWaka
Initiate
Initiate

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Oct 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Hopefully, your full status will be soon.
Don't worry about posts needing approval if edited.
Should be no damage to a device card if dropped on a carpeted floor. But if dropped on a hard floor, some damage is likely.
But check the GPU fan if there is one, to ensure it is still solidly mounted and spins freely.
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby LakaWaka » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:20 am

Karlsweldt wrote:Hopefully, your full status will be soon.
Don't worry about posts needing approval if edited.
Should be no damage to a device card if dropped on a carpeted floor. But if dropped on a hard floor, some damage is likely.
But check the GPU fan if there is one, to ensure it is still solidly mounted and spins freely.

Thanks for the info, the card is working better than ever. I realize which way it was popping out of the slot, and it seems to be working great in the original slot again, so that's great for me. This was a sound card, not a gpu, but thanks for the tip. I just didn't want caps to burst or something crazy.
LakaWaka
Initiate
Initiate

Previous

Return to General