Outlook 2016 Delete Folder ??

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Outlook 2016 Delete Folder ??

Postby c327 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 4:20 am

This is in regard to the full version of Outlook 2016.

Note: I am using Google Mail configured to be viewed and used in Outlook 2016. I looked at my settings within my Google account and don't see anything that will do what I want it to do unless I missed something?

In the past I used Outlook Express 6 and now am using the full version of Outlook 2016 (the free version is very limited with just the very basics) and this is a different horse (3 legs :D )

I am looking for the Deleted Items Folder ? I am starting to get the feeling that there isn't any ??? If there is where is it or do I have to create it. It seems that when you delete an email within Outlook in means just that..Deleted.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Outlook 2016 Delete Folder ??

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Feb 28, 2016 7:05 am

Since Win 95, any 'deleted' items are held in the Recycle Bin until emptied. Or may be in a folder with the *.bak or similar extension. But finding them may need a global search, using the 'wild card' symbol.. the " * " or asterisk. Check the 'toolbar' options.
Could be in the program folder, but with a 'hidden' attribute. If in an older program's format, hopefully is compatible.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Mar 25, 2016 5:56 am

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78353?hl=en

That is in the online Gmail interface. The show Trash can is under Settings, Labels tab in case it's not visible at first.

more info:
http://www.msoutlook.info/question/675
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Outlook 2016 Delete Folder

Postby alexau » Fri Jun 03, 2016 1:04 am

when I use the clean up program, I shows that the file I have named temp that is located in the documents and settings folder will be deleted at startup , but it will not delete. This file caused all of my downloads to go into this temp folder and they dissapear. inside the temp folder are the files:
DF8B8D.TMP, DF7020.TMP, DFAD5.TMP, DFDA18.TMP and Jet607A.tmp
I have tried to delete it myself and i get an access denied message. Any idea how to delete this file
alexau
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:17 am

If a file has an attribute, it may not be deleted until that attribute is removed, or by authority of the system Administrator.
Typical attributes are:
a = archived
r = read only
h = hidden
s = system
For downloads of any files, best to create a folder of "My Downloads" or similar, in the main system root, and set your browser to default to that folder for all downloads. There is another "Downloads" folder deep within the Documents and Settings folder tree for each user, which is the target for data also. Access may be restricted to only the Administrator.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:06 pm

make a folder C:\TEMP

in your environment settings
TEMP=C:\TEMP
TMP=C:\TEMP

from the DOS era

In your browser itself you can set the downloads folder path.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to General