Display Error Notice

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Display Error Notice

Postby c327 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:02 am

Sager installed a supposedly new type IPS matt screen on this new laptop and since then I keep getting a pop up notice telling me the Intel Display Driver crashed and was recovered. I checked the Device Manager Display Driver and it said the correct driver one was installed ??? Also the display switching is very slow and lazy. This notice pictured here keeps coming back constantly even though it says it was recovered. I don't expect Sager to respond to my concerns. Thanks...

The on board GPU #1 is Intel HD Graphics 4600
The GPU #2 is NVIDIA GeForce GTX950M

Last edited by c327 on Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Display Error Notice

Postby Mr T » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:17 am

I reckon you have either a faulty screen cable or your graphics chip is knackered... Run the laptop out to an external screnn and downlad and run Furmark (graphics stress test).. If it is OK on the big screen, try it with the laptop screen.... Either way, on this Sagar, you should be getting a full refund....
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby c327 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 2:52 pm

This PC is just an Intel i7 2.9 Ghz laptop, not a high performance gaming desktop.

I am currently running the Furmark stress test as you suggested on just the laptop and no external monitor. Its been running now for 2 hr 20 minutes for GPU #1 GeForce GTX 950M and is showing 24 FPS. This PC also has GPU #2 Intel HD Graphics 4600.

During the first hour of the test it ran quite warm if not a little hot but after running for 2 hours it has cooled down and is running cooler at 60 deg C. 3,676,000 frames so far @97% GPU usage???

How long does this test run? Does it run until finished and then give a report?

I shut it down after 3 hours out of concern for frying the GPU. Nothing looked abnormal as far as temps are concerned and had no pop up messages like before. Hooked up external monitor and did not have any pop ups either. For some reason there are no longer any popup messages like before ? Will check tomorrow and see what happens if anything.

Thanks............
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Mr T » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:24 pm

It may have just been a driver glitch.. Are the screen colours still not right?
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby c327 » Tue Feb 02, 2016 2:31 am

Mr T wrote:It may have just been a driver glitch.. Are the screen colours still not right?

The colors are great with the new IPS screen other than its a Matt screen
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby c327 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 1:23 am

Although the new IPS screen is not a gloss screen the display is very good as is the laptop. The 500gb SSD is a big improvement over the platter type. This laptop is replacing my outdated XP desktop as a home computer. I know heat is a killer in a laptop if left on for long periods of time so I leave this laptop off unless I am using it and that's where the SSD quick boot says hello.

I am wondering if I need specific drivers for the IPS screen that replaced the original LED LCD screen?
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Mr T » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:42 am

I am wondering if I need specific drivers for the IPS screen that replaced the original LED LCD screen?
shouldn't do these days, if displaying correctly ie right resolutio etc, then it is ok..
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to General