Laptop Graphics adjustments

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Laptop Graphics adjustments

Postby c327 » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:52 pm

This concerns graphics adjustments on a laptop with an internal graphics adaptor running Windows 10 x64.

1) The Gamma adjustment is produced from where? a) The graphics adaptor. b) The operating system. c) Some place else in the computer and if so where.

2) An indication of the Gamma being adjusted correctly is when the center dot is no longer visible, not even slightly, is that correct.

3) The 3 color adjustment sliders, red blue and green are all in the full right position in order to make the colors in the display look good. Would that be the normal or expected position the sliders would be on a new laptop?

4) Is the normal color of the white background supposed to be a bright true white or a little off white in color?

Thanks all
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Re: Laptop Graphics adjustments

Postby c327 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:40 am

Since posting my Gamma questions I found out some things about the subject of gamma as it pertains to monitors and it's a little heavy for me so where it comes from was answered. The only thing left regarding my gamma concerns is when adjusting it and in my case it's a slider that is moved up or down to change the appearance of the center dot and to try to get it to disappear. When I adjust it I can't get it to go completely away. It still is very faintly there, is that acceptable on a PC that is under full warranty?
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Return to General