Color Of LED Display

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Re: Color Of LED Display

Postby c327 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:05 am

Mr T wrote:Have you tried connecting it to an external monitor? (I hope you had a good Christmas..)

OK I ran an HDMI cable from the laptop to a different LCD monitor and the color issue with the desktop icons is not there, so I guess there is a problem with the display or the ribbon cable going to it. What I think happened is since I bought this laptop from Sager this past summer, this model is no longer carried and I guess that when I sent it back a few weeks ago they swapped out the screen with something they had laying around from the used parts bin and that's what I ended up with, hello problem. Treatment like this from Sager Midern Computer Inc. in California which is close to Newegg and MSI was not expected. It's like a little China city within a city. I have written Tony Yuan the president of Sager and told him of my displeasure with those he has working in customer service and tech support and that I want my money almost $1800. back.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Mr T » Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:34 pm

Ok, from the symptoms you described it looks like the cable from board to screen is the issue... It has either worked loose or has been nipped.. It is not a difficult job to repair...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby c327 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:31 pm

Mr T wrote:Ok, from the symptoms you described it looks like the cable from board to screen is the issue... It has either worked loose or has been nipped.. It is not a difficult job to repair...

Would that cable from the mobo to the screen also cause the color of the screen to change color when tilting the lid forward and backward or is that something else?

This color change happens even when I tilt the entire laptop forward and backward with the lid up straight,
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Mr T » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:14 am

Yes, just had this issue recently on a customers laptop - the plastic tab holding the cable in had pinched the cable before it went out of the laptop base. When the top cover went on it squeezed it even more, so when the screen moved backwards and forwards or you touched the cable run on the top cover, the creen flickered and the colours went funny, esp black.. Solved by reinsering the cable carefully and it was a tight fit - held it in place with a dab of silicon sealent to prevent it working loose...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby c327 » Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:41 am

Mr T wrote:Yes, just had this issue recently on a customers laptop - the plastic tab holding the cable in had pinched the cable before it went out of the laptop base. When the top cover went on it squeezed it even more, so when the screen moved backwards and forwards or you touched the cable run on the top cover, the creen flickered and the colours went funny, esp black.. Solved by reinsering the cable carefully and it was a tight fit - held it in place with a dab of silicon sealent to prevent it working loose...

Well I had to send the new laptop back to Sager a second time where its at as I type this. I had to really get into it with them including the President of the company Tony Yuan on two occasions by letter. What I will get back is a roll of the dice. No longer have any faith or trust in Sager Computer in California and they have seen the last of me as a customer. They made me fight them tooth and nail for what I was entitled to under the full warranty and in the process caught them lying to me about what they said they replaced in the new $1800 custom laptop. I even sent them video and photo's of the problem and still it came back worse than when I sent it, IMO.

They say a thief you can watch but a lier you can't trust and that s how I now feel about Sager Computer, I will not go back.
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Previous

Return to General