Asus x51R series Laptop boot problem

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Asus x51R series Laptop boot problem

Postby Tinkerbell » Sun Nov 15, 2015 5:44 am

hi , i'm new to here and hoping for solutions that i face working with computers. recently i got a big issue, My Asus Laptop ( x51R) which's prompting for a Bios Password during the POST. Screen Messages are as follows.
system date 7/31/2007
Password check failed ( i entered random keystrokes and failed )
Press F2 to resume
i opened the laptop again and tried Removing CMOS and Tried bridging + and - of the battery with a paper pin, I failed another time.
i don't know what am i going to do now , If anybody knows a clue. Please help me, and if i found a solution i will be posting that for you in no time.
Tinkerbell
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Asus x51R series Laptop boot problem

Postby Karlsweldt » Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:41 am

Welcome to Motherboards.org.
Best advice here is to find the person who put the password in place.
Topics such as "passwords" and "unlocking" features cannot be answered, on the Forum. This is due to lack of substantiated proof of ownership of the programming or device. If a Mod observes the thread as suspect, it will be locked. No help will be given for passwords or "unlocking" unless it is a general process with all systems. Certain programming discussions such as bit-torrent are not acceptable or condoned. If the question regards a general process similar to all systems, it may be allowed.

"Due to the lack of ownership verification of computers, and laptops we are no longer offering any form of support for lost/forgotten passwords. This goes for BIOS, Windows log in, etc.
ANY posts asking for help with removal or cracks to passwords will be deleted immediately.
Any questions on this new rule please feel free to PM or email me or one of the other moderators."
Thanks for your cooperation...
Toby B., Moderator.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to General