Asus Xonar D2X Decent Card ?

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Asus Xonar D2X Decent Card ?

Postby OFarrell86 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:25 pm

My X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro died on me and had bad popping and crackling most of it's life, Would the Asus Xonar D2X be a decent upgrade from the recently deceased X-FI OR should I go with the Asus Phoebus ?

Any information is appreciated [:)]
OFarrell86
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Mr T » Sat Jul 13, 2013 11:31 pm

Are you gaming or listening to music? What speakers have you got and are they in 7.1, 5.1 stereo etc in configuration?
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby OFarrell86 » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:39 am

Mr T wrote:Are you gaming or listening to music? What speakers have you got and are they in 7.1, 5.1 stereo etc in configuration?

I game and listen to music, I have Razer Tiamat 7.1's :)
OFarrell86
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Mr T » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:51 am

Been a Creative user for some years, but now find no difference between onboard sound and a sound card. It is a personal thing, I may say get this card, but you may not like the card and after shelling out $150 for something that you don't like, not good...
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:25 am

Unwanted sounds (crackling, popping) with audio usually is a result of "clipping" due to excessively high levels of primary audio. Run the input audio at a lower volume, and the final audio amp at desired level. The balance is when you don't hear much "white noise", yet a pure audio passage is had. Using a compensator for enhancing certain audio input frequencies can distort other areas of the spectrum.
Then too, unless the power supply for the speakers has sufficient reserves, that can cause distortion. Multi-channel speaker systems may rely on only one power/amplifier source.. in the bass box. The bass speaker consumes the most power. Separate amplifiers for the bass and "wing" speakers is the best setup.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to General