Problem with Firefox

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Problem with Firefox

Postby cw4cam » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:00 am

When I try to go to a secure web site, Firefox blocks it. I can't access Firefox add-ons. I have ran Malwarebytes and Microsoft security essentials, neither found anything. I have started Firefox with all the add-ons disabled to no avail. I have reset Firefox, didn't help. It is saying it can't verify the security certificate. If I ask to get security certificate it gets the certificate but if I view the details it shows the certificate details and nothing appears out of order.
I can use internet explorer, the only glitch is it asks if I only want to view the secured portions of the page and if I say yes, then I can log in to the site. I'm out of options. Someone point me somewhere. Thanks folks.
"A pessimist sees a problem with an opportunity. an optimist sees an opportunity with a problem."
Winston Churchill

Civilization is invaded by barbarians every generation. (author unknown)
cw4cam
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:52 am

Had a similar condition some time back. The cause was the DATE being off by about a year late!
But do clear out all cookies from Firefox. Some haggling when going back to sites, but not all that bad. Ensure the tic box for "do not track me" is checked, concerning privacy.
Since Firefox dropped the "no third-party cookies" feature, hundreds of nasty tracking cookies are loaded into your history. And some of those companies ignore your request, and your habits are then sold to whoever pays the price.
Also check if some 'parental control' feature has been activated. Reset all controls to default, then set as required. Same with IE!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Fri Jul 05, 2013 4:50 am

Check your system time and date.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby cw4cam » Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:39 am

Those suggestions was the first things I tried. What I did was downloaded the latest Firefox, of which I thought I had, and installed it. It fixed the problem. Apparently I had an older version, but it was saying Firefox was up to date. I had to use IE to get to FF site.
I appreciate all the help I have gotten here.
"A pessimist sees a problem with an opportunity. an optimist sees an opportunity with a problem."
Winston Churchill

Civilization is invaded by barbarians every generation. (author unknown)
cw4cam
Brown Belt
Brown Belt

Return to General