tx pro 2 motherboard

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

tx pro 2 motherboard

Postby poster1 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:31 pm

Thank you lots, Enlightened Master and Mobo-fu Master for the solutions.

However now I will say how things went wrong.

I tried to replace my dead PSU for this M.Brd. . I connected one I had to it, but the PSU didn't have a power switch, I found a voltage change switch on it and switched it while on power. That's when something exploded, which I think was the PSU!

Now I want to be sure the M.Brd is still functioning before I buy another PSU. How can I make sure?

Can someone help please?

Thank you
poster1
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby evasive » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:36 am

This sounds like you set it to 115V while on 230V mains. Usually that will not just kill the power supply but also the board. What kind of connector is going from the power supply to the board? A rectangular block with two rows of pins or two seperate connectors with one row of pins?
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Tue Jun 04, 2013 10:28 am

Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

tx pro 2 motherboard

Postby poster1 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:36 am

Hi,

I can't remember which type of connector it was, I have thrown away the PSU.

Regards
poster1
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Karlsweldt » Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:12 am

Several variants in the design of the TX Pro motherboard. Older models were a Socket 5, newer models a Socket 7. Older models may have only had the 12-pin in-line power connector. Later models may have had only the 20-pin ATX connector, some had both!
With a power supply (PSU), the older style was AT.. with the pair of six-wire power plugs for the motherboard. The PSU had a thick separate cable with two or four wires, which was the AC input switching leads. The more modern PSU is the ATX style, with a 20-pin or 24-pin rectangular motherboard power plug. It has no separate AC mains switching leads. Instead, a "soft" electronic switch in the PSU turns on power to the motherboard and other devices.
If your PSU did not have a separate black rocker switch on its back for power, only the recessed AC input selector, indeed fatal damage may have been done to the motherboard as well as the PSU! Thankfully, there is a fuse in the AC input mains (inside the PSU) that would blow and may avert the experience of an explosive reaction.

Electronic items (computers, monitors, cell phones, et al) should not be disposed of as trash. They contain hazardous chemicals and metals. They should be taken to a recycling center for proper disposal.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to General