HP, name em, shame em

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

HP, name em, shame em

Postby evasive » Thu May 02, 2013 5:54 am

I have had enough of the brainless idiots working at HP tech "support"

http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?ty ... xt=QB216EA

If you manage to tell that we can interchange 3 entirely different motherboards you deserve the label STARFISH.
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Karlsweldt » Thu May 02, 2013 8:23 am

Typical of most companies, they outsource tech "advisory" people that sit in front of two monitors, or a phone and monitor.. one with a user query, the other with 'relative' answers to the problem. Their technical expertise is only what is shown on the "help" screen!

Maybe "Dopefish" would be a better coinage?
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Tue May 07, 2013 7:07 am

Dead fish

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/Te ... =c00783614

Pegatron ECS boards. Now I have seen it all.

This is the very reason for the existance of ctechinfo.net because the HP "support" site just s*cks!
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Toby B. » Sun May 12, 2013 10:43 am

This is the very reason for the existance of ctechinfo.net because the HP "support" site just s*cks!

Thanks for the plug.. Ctechinfo has its flaws, but nowhere near HP's site. :P

With 530+ motherboard pages to maintain, it takes a while to update all the information. Considering recent finds like the Garcia/Mitac info and Alcatraz/Alpamayo/WMTA info (about a decade after they left mainstream)
Toby B.
Lead Mobo-fu Master
Lead Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Mon May 20, 2013 3:53 am

This causes me to remember a very frustrating experience I had with Dell tech support (India) a long time ago before I knew how to correct my own PC problems.

It would take me a month of Sundays to write here what happened but to make a long story short is that my opinion of Dell and the way I was treated by them is that they are a company with no face and I took a silent oath to never purchase another Dell product ever again and many years since I still will buy nothing Dell and it has nothing to do with the product. I found the same situation with Sony. Some times these folks want you to pay extra for faster support he he he give me a break will ya.

I will remember all the companies that fed me salami and there is a lot of salami out there for sure.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby evasive » Mon May 20, 2013 4:18 am

Dell I will not choose because I have seen too many just fall apart.
Sony I will not choose because of their out-of-this-world pricing for any options
eMachines/Acer/Packard Bell: seriously?

HP is one of the better ones out there for the hardware but yes, they need to up the level of their support website.

I ended up buying a MacBook Pro
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Mr T » Mon May 20, 2013 6:51 am

evasive wrote:Dell I will not choose because I have seen too many just fall apart.
Sony I will not choose because of their out-of-this-world pricing for any options
eMachines/Acer/Packard Bell: seriously?

HP is one of the better ones out there for the hardware but yes, they need to up the level of their support website.

I ended up buying a MacBook Pro

Acer are good for budget.. Dealt with them many times and they are OK.. DELL stuff has been pretty straightforward to repair and it is put together pretty well.. EMachines and Packard Bell - s**t... I have a 2011 Macbook pro.. Cannot fault it (aprt from price), good build etc.. Just dreading changing the battery on it....

HP are not that bad either. They stick out a lot of bleeding edge stuff and get burnt by it (nVidia GPU's anyone). Their servers are really good and rarely fail... But I would not buy a laptop from them....
I have been programming on computers since the ZX81.
I am an apprentice trained Electronics Engineer with qualifications to back it up.
I have been repairing computers since 1996.
Yet to some people I still know nothing...
Mr T
Enlightened Master
Enlightened Master

Return to General