Google Website Issue

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby Roach412 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:26 am

this is one of many reasons i have my taskbar doubled-up, so that i can see the full day and date fields...not just the time.

saved me a bunch of times on a bunch of different things. surprise myself with it all the time. =)

-Roach
Lian Li Lancool First Knight Series PC-K59W
Intel Core i7-960 Bloomfield 3.2GHz
EVGA X58 FTW3 132-GT-E768-TR
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 12GB (3 x 4GB)
Crucial M4 128gb SATAIII SSD x2
Crucial M4 256gb SATAIII SSD
OCZ Saber 1000 960GB Enterprise SSD
Corsair Professional Series HX850 PSU
Dell UltraSharp U2713HM 27" w/drop ceiling mount
Logitech G930 7.1 Headset
DBPOWER RGB LED Keyboard
Logitech G402 Hyperion Fury
Roach412
Black Belt 2nd Degree
Black Belt 2nd Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Wed Apr 03, 2013 7:52 am

Had a similar trouble call on someone's system. Somehow, the system time was set back 10 years.. and every site showed similar "invalid certificate" warnings! Battery was good for BIOS/CMOS, no other problems. Reset the time/date, and all was good.
Yes, sometimes "kids" know more about computers than their parents. But they want to play around with features too often, leading to serious problems. Did have one instance where the Windows parent folder was dropped elsewhere.. and the system would not boot! Had to 'slave' the drive in another system, and do a search and rescue!!

As to Email replies to ads and offers.. be wary of them, some may contain a virus or other nasty infection! When in doubt, "save link as" to a secure folder (Web cache, or similar) then only VIEW the file with a file manager. Less chance of opening a bag of venomous invaders!
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby c327 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 12:23 pm

evasive wrote::o

So not the battery but still a time/date issue. Note to self: have people check their clock first.

Thanks for reporting back it's fixed. 8)

Sager Computer got back to me regarding the CMOS battery. They said the entire PC has to come apart to change it and it's recommended a professional do it (I agree). when its time I will send it back to them. At 4.5 years it's due I think.

Thanks again
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Previous

Return to General