I am trying to install a new printer

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Postby c327 » Tue Mar 26, 2013 12:25 am

As the administrator, it's standard procedure with me before I install any software is to make sure my PC is clean and nasty free, all up to date and in the Normal Start Up mode and then reboot.

I have found that printers and scanners can be fussy in the way they are installed. If you have no intentions of using any previously installed printers I would remove them prior to installing a new one. If I remember correctly only one printer can be the default printer at a time. A newly installed printer becomes the default printer if more than one printer is installed, I think.

I download the latest drivers and scan them with an anti virus and anti malware before opening the file. Plug in the power cord for the printer, open the driver download and install the drivers then follow the on screen instructions. Plug in the usb cable when asked (new hardware found) and continue with the install instructions.
“Respect cannot be learned, purchased or acquired - it can only be earned” "Pay It Forward"
c327
Black Belt 4th Degree
Black Belt 4th Degree

Postby Karlsweldt » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:30 am

And with printer installs, ensure there is only "one copy" or "one device" listed that is not duplicated! If a printer install does not go properly, a user is tempted to reinstall the device.. leading to duplication of the printer path. Best to 'uninstall' the failed setup first.
Many modern printer models can emulate older models.. and the OS may err in setting priorities for that mode. Almost every printer model today is "soft-set", meaning very few if any would have a dip switch panel.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby rascard2007 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:30 pm

on anyway the problem is with windows 7 and not with the printer, read this taken from a microsoft win 7 forum:

" This can happen if Print Spooler needs other services, and these services are not running. To resolve this issue, use the following procedure:

1. In Services, right-click Print Spooler and then click Properties.

2. Click the Dependencies tab. The first box lists all of the system services that must be running for Print Spooler to start. These are the dependencies.

3. Make a note of each service, click OK and then start each service upon which Print Spooler is dependent, if the service is not already started. If a service was not started, right-click it, click Properties and then confirm that the Startup type is Automatic. "

or take a look at:

http://windows.microsoft.com/es-es/wind ... ndows-help
"I have only come here seeking knowledge,
Things they would not teach me of in college"
-Wrapped Around Your Fingers-
-The Police-
rascard2007
Black Belt
Black Belt

Postby Karlsweldt » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:58 am

Seems that a lot of people have problems installing printers with Windows 7, from a Google search. The drivers do require a digital signature that conforms to the WHQL rules, and may not be written exactly for the OS.. rather an 'edited' previous version. Then too, with the wireless frenzy of most devices, the OS may be looking for that WiFi link.. ignoring a USB or LPT connection!!!
Installing a 'basic' printer first (text only) may induce the OS to revert to lowering the want of "bling" and "wow" for device function!
Yes, the 'spooling' feature does require association with other features and drivers. If those required are not present or inactive, then the driver install might fail. Setting the 'spooling' process to default may work.
F@H.. to solve mankind's maladies.. in our lifetimes!
Karlsweldt
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby Barisan » Sat Apr 13, 2013 12:22 pm

Hi to all,

I have had same Problem with W7 Prof. Version as stand alone and in Network. The link to the article bellowe should help to solve problem:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... 20e3ce9e0b

at least I was able following this to solve Problems on my Maschine.

Cheers
Barisan
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Previous

Return to General