Intel Core i3 M370 Turbo Boost Questions ?

All hardware or software issues that do not have a specific forum go here.

Moderator: The Mod Squad

Intel Core i3 M370 Turbo Boost Questions ?

Postby MNWaverunner » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:48 am

I am having a small problem determinging if a Toshiba driver installation is appropriate for the motherboard/chipset that I am currently using. I went to their download section and it stated : "Intel Turbo Boost Technology Driver Version 1.2.0.1002 needed to be downloaded and installed" for my Toshiba Laptop Satellite C655-S501. I am somewhat confused because the current chipset on my motherboard is an "i3" and I understand the i3 does not come with Turbo Boost? My motherboard is the "Toshiba portable PC base board version" according to Belarc profile. I have tried Toshiba community forums and no answer. I suspect the driver is more of a "marketing ploy" rather than a performance enhancement. Is anyone familiar with the i3 and this driver upgrade? Thanks...
-MNMike
MNWaverunner
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Postby Hardware Junkie » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:56 am

There is one i3 mobile processor that does.
http://ark.intel.com/products/54646/Int ... e-1_30-GHz
I can't find the model on the toshiba support page but I would imagine they are just covering their bases and adding software support for a series of processors.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Postby evasive » Thu Jan 24, 2013 10:34 pm

The C655-S5061:
http://us.toshiba.com/computers/laptops ... 655-S5061/
has an i3-2370M which has no Turbo Boost technology. That is about as close as I can get to this question, many typing errors...
We hate rut, but we fear change.
System error, strike any user to continue...
evasive
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Intel i3 Turbo Boost questons

Postby MNWaverunner » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 am

Thanks for the replies. Junkie you are right on that particular i3 illustrated. At lest I know where to start asking. Imay just intall driver anyway and if things don't work well jus tgo back to an ealrier restore point? MN Mike
MNWaverunner
Pilgrim
Pilgrim

Re: Intel i3 Turbo Boost questons

Postby Hardware Junkie » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:55 am

MNWaverunner wrote:Thanks for the replies. Junkie you are right on that particular i3 illustrated. At lest I know where to start asking. Imay just intall driver anyway and if things don't work well jus tgo back to an ealrier restore point? MN Mike

I'd only install it if you have an unknown device in device manager. Otherwise your just adding junk to the system. Its not going to do a whole hell of a lot but I don't see a reason for it.
"Imagination is the only weapon in the war against reality." -Jules de Gautier

Hardware Junkie
Mobo-fu Master
Mobo-fu Master

Return to General