Table of Contents:
- Supports the 2nd generation Intel Core processors including the Intel Core i76, and Intel Core I5 processors and other Intel Processors in the LGA1155 package
- Intel H67 Express Chipset PCH
- Intel Rapid Storage Technology
- Dual Channel DDR3 with four connectors for 1333/1066MHz memory
- PCI Express x16 connector
- Two PCI Express x1 connectors
- One PCI
- SATA 6.0Gb/second
- USB 3.0
- 32Mb Flash EEPROM with Intel Platform Innovation Framework for EFI Plug and Play, IDE drive auto-configure
- Advanced Configuration and power interface V9.0b, DMI 2.5
- Box contents
- ATX/MicroATX compliant I/O shield
- SATA cables
- Board and back panel I/O layout stickers
- Quick reference guide
- Intel Express Installer driver and software DVD
- Intel Core Utilities Bundle
- Intel Desktop Utilities
- ESET Smart Security 4 (45-day license)
The Intel DH67BL Bearlake board is their reference platform for their H67 Express chipset boards. The DH67BL board is a microATX motherboard designed to fit inside most cases of that form factor or larger. The board is a solid black color. The upper right hand corner of the board has the 4-pin power connector common to the micro-ATX boards. Intel chose this board for HTPC users and MOSFET heatsinks are not present on this board. There is plenty of room for after-market CPU coolers on this board.
The retail box will be the standard Intel black box with the details and specifications on the box. Inside the box is the Bearlake motherboard along with SATA cables, the driver DVD and Quick Start Guide. Intel bundles a trial of anti-virus software if you need it as well as their Express Installer which installs the drivers all at once without need for instant installation.
Below the LGA-1155 Socket lie two banks of memory slots for DDR3 memory. These are arranged in two separate banks with black and blue alternating colors. The bottom of the board starts off with the LPC Debug header followed by the CIR RX and TX headers. The next item on the board is the 24-pin power connector. The FP connector is next.
The Bearlake has five SATA ports with two being of the SATA 6 Gb/second variety for the latest drives that support the new standard. The board supports RAID 0, 1, 5, 10 through the Intel Rapid Storage software. The FP headers are the last item on the bottom of the board. The left side of the board starts off with the Clear CMOS jumper. The DH67BL has four USB 2.0 headers bringing a total of 14 USB ports when including the rear I/O. SPDIF, and FP Audio headers round out the left side.
Expansion on this board consists of a single PCI Express x16 slot, a PCI slot and two PCI Express x1 slots. Being a microATX form factor board this is onboard audio is provided by the Realtek ALC892 CODEC which has been used on many motherboards over the last couple of years. The Rear I/O on the board consists of six USB 2.0 ports, two USB 3.0 ports that are colored blue, an e-SATA port, a LAN port, five audio jacks for the onboard audio, S/PDIF Out jack and the onboard video connections. Intel includes a DVI-I port and a HDMI port allowing for the most common monitor connections with VGA available via an adapter.