Articles :: Cooling Solution Giants: Agilent and Molex at the Intel Developers Forum :: Motherboards.org
Doc Overclock · 03-14-2001 · Category:
Agilent has a very interesting Agilent Technologies dates back to 1939, when Bill Hewlett and Dave Packard started their company and began a legacy that has shaped Silicon Valley and the technology industry in its long lifetime. Just browsing their site was a history lesson in itself, and I really enjoyed the read. We spoke with their man on the spot, Joe Knape, and he gave us a quick rundown on their products and goals. I was surprised when he told me they have the intellectual property rights on their fan design that many other companies have exploited in the low end marketplace.
What this means however is that they hold the golden goose to some of their designs, and can be the only company to OEM these products without the express permission of Agilent Technologies. This company has their hands in many different fields outside of the computer industry, including many ventures into the medical field. This is another company I was not familiar with before the IDF, but they seem to have their act together in this end of the business, and their Artic Cooler looks to be a promising product. We will have more on this company and its products in a little while as samples are sent for us to review.
The ArctiCooler solution for Intel
- Performance: (Theta junction to air) = 0.62 degrees C/W at 12 V, 0.85 degrees C/W at 6 V
- Acoustics at 6 V: 22.48 dBA sound pressure, 32.34 dBA sound power
- Acoustics at 12 V: 32.94 dBA sound pressure, 43.64 dBA sound power
- Size: Heatsink: 35mm x 64 mm (h x d)
- Weight: 162 g, including clip and TIM
Cools all Intel Pentium III "Coppermine" (socket 370) and AMD Athlon (socket 462) FC-PGA Processors to 1.2 GHz.
Arcticooler Model CA (HACA-0001) has been specifically designed and tested for use with Intel's Pentium III "Coppermine" and AMD's Athlon FCPGA processors and motherboards complying with Intel defined clip keep out requirements for PGA370. Use with other processors, semiconductor devices, or motherboards is not recommended and will void the product warranty.
HACB-0001 The ArctiCooler solution for Intel Pentium 4
- Performance: (Theta case to air) = 0.33 degrees C/W at 12 V, 0.52 degrees C/W at 6 V
- Acoustics at 6 V: 20.60 dBA sound pressure, 31.00 dBA sound power
- Acoustics at 12 V: 32.70 dBA sound pressure, 45.00 dBA sound power
- Size: Heatsink: 47 mm x 69.1 mm (h x d), Base plate: 88.9 mm x 63.5mm (l x w)
- Weight: 295 g, including base plate and TIM
All Intel Pentium 4 (socket 423 and greater); introductory-level "Foster" (socket 603) applications; similar socket attach designs.
ArctiCooler Model CB (HACB-0001) has been specifically designed and tested for use with Intel's Pentium IV processors and approved attachment reference designs. Use with other processors, semiconductor devices, and attachment designs is not recommended and will void the product warranty.
HACD-0001 A complete, fully assembled solution for Intel's Pentium III "Coppermine"
- Performance: (Theta junction to air)=0.80 degrees C/W at 12 V, 1.01 degrees C/W at 6 V
- Acoustics at 6 V: 18 dBA sound pressure, 29 dBA sound power
- Acoustics at 12 V: 25 dBA sound pressure, 38 dBA sound power
- Size: Heatsink: 36 mm x 65 mm (h x d)
- Weight: 172 g, including clip and TIM
A complete, fully assembled solution for Intel's Pentium III "Coppermine", socket 370 and AMD Athlon, socket 462 FC-PGA Processors to 1.2 GHz plus.
- Molex Incorporated
- Agilent Technologies