Articles :: How to Setup a Simple Network Part 3 - Windows 98SE :: Motherboards.org
Niso Levitas · 08-05-2002 · Category:
Sharing Your Internet Connection with Windows 98SE
Before starting, The computer which you will share its internet connection has to be already connected to the internet. Prepare a blank diskette before starting.
- Start this process on the computer which you will share its connection.
- From Start Menu, click on Settings, then Control Panel.
- Click on Add/Remove Software.
- Click on windows Setup Tab and double click on Internet Tools.
- Check Internet Connection Sharing Box and click OK. Close setup windows by clicking.
- After a brief installation, the internet connection sharing wizard will come up. Click next.
- Wizard will ask for the blank diskette. Click next. And one more info page. Insert the diskette and click next.
- It will ask you to remove the diskette. Do so and press OK.
- After a brief installation, it will ask for a restart. Click yes.
- Now you will install this diskette to all other computers. Insert diskette and click on the diskette icon inside your "my computer" window. Double click on icsclset.exe.
- Click next for the following to information windows. And you are all set. Repeat this diskette installation for all of the computers other than the first one.
- Basic Network Setup for Windows 98SE
- How to Find and Connect Shared Folders and Printer
- Preparing Dial-up Connections for Windows 98SE
- Preparing your Ethernet/Router Connection for Windows
- Sharing Your Internet Connection with Windows 98SE